Vittoria Barzo vs Maxxis Ardent Race

Jared Falck

I need an aggressive front tire for hard pack xc, I had a specialized ground control on before and liked it, I don’t want another specialized tire though. I already know what casings I want.

The Ardent is very heavy.

CycleLab doesn't have stock of the Barzo at the moment, which is a very cool looking tyre.

I bought a Barzo and then weighed it....got rid of it fast and bought an Ardent race.

Tyres are like sealant and chainlube which are much like religion - Difficult to change someones preference

3 minutes ago, King_Crispy said:

The Ardent is very heavy.

CycleLab doesn't have stock of the Barzo at the moment, which is a very cool looking tyre.

Pity I don't have both but when I weighed them the Barzo was much heavier than its spec, and much heavier than the Ardent Race. Ardent Race not a heavy tyre

Thanks, although the barzo may be heavier I really like what I’ve seen about the barzo. Thanks everyone though.

Having said that when I look at online comparisons, the Barzo does seem a bit lighter - Maybe they have shaved some weight? My 2,35 was close to 800g if memory serves correct

I've used the Ardent before on my HT and now a Barzo / Mezcal combo. I pretty much like them both. If I had to buy now again I guess I would go with the Barzo again rather than the Ardent 

38 minutes ago, love2fly said:

I bought a Barzo and then weighed it....got rid of it fast and bought an Ardent race.

Tyres are like sealant and chainlube which are much like religion - Difficult to change someones preference

I think it's the other way around...

1 hour ago, love2fly said:

No way anyone can word it better. 

I had the Ardent Race front and back on my hartail for three years and was extremely happy with the fast rolling nature and the cut resistance. When my front tyre was worse for wear I wanted to try something new and put a Barzo on the front wheel. The sidewall on the Barzo is softer and more supple than the Maxxis one but I have to run them much harder as the sidewall folds over onto itself on hardpack. Although the knobs are bigger than on the Ardent Race, I do not feel as confident on the Barzo. Overall not very impressed with the Barzo, just my 2c