Beginner looking for a riding group

JLiebenberg

Hi All 

I'm new to the group and am wanting to start cycling again. I was wondering if anyone knows how to go about finding a fairly chilled group for beginners to join? 

Thank you in advance!

3 minutes ago, JLiebenberg said:

Hi All 

I'm new to the group and am wanting to start cycling again. I was wondering if anyone knows how to go about finding a fairly chilled group for beginners to join? 

Thank you in advance!

You should include where you want to ride. 

Usually a good place to start

Woesrand is a good place to start, riders range from just beginning to almost pro. They also have a bunch of different groups riding every week.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am sort of new to mountain biking and looking for a group to ride with around Bryanston drive. 

I see some groups ride along the river but no idea when they ride or where they start from.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2021 at 10:12 PM, Pengolian said:

Hi, I am sort of new to mountain biking and looking for a group to ride with around Bryanston drive. 

I see some groups ride along the river but no idea when they ride or where they start from.

Hey Pengolian!

If you haven’t come ride yet, I’ve just started riding again after having covid so am building up nice and easy again and live just down the road from Bryanston. Also looking for people to ride with cos I don’t feel safe on my own. 

Give me a shout if you’re still looking! 

Cheers 

Hi LexbieB

First of all, congratulations on your recovery. I'm still looking for someone or a group so happy to join. I also live down the road to Bryanston Drive. 

Full disclosure, I am slow and have zero technique for climbing hills! Also waiting for the weather to warm up a bit too. Let me know

Best place for you to start is join the JMBC 

THE Johannesburg Mtb club on face book they have a ride at new place every Sunday with slow short ride on green to longer race pace blue ( 4 groups slow to fast ) 

https://www.jmbc.org.za Join and you get the what’s app every week lots of ep and support to ride. 

1 hour ago, Sampaj said:

Any suggestions for road riding groups or clubs for beginners ?

Sigh...... ????‍♂️

You can join the Lynnwood Cyclelab rides. Or Velo Cycles also have some nice rides. I think they start at the Engen garage down on Atterbury road