Issues with Garmin 530 and wahoo kickr

Geared

Hi all,

i train daily indoors, with a Garmin 530/ wahoo kickr 4 set up.

i have my workouts loaded to the device, i climb on and follow workout and the wahoo does the rest.

today i climbed on, saw my workout, started it, and zero resistance or control over my wahoo.

trainer seems to be set to resistance mode and not ERG but cant see where to change. 

I have done. A factory reset, done spin downs, reconnected all sensors, and still cannot get the Garmin to control my workout. 

I am technically challenged so i am sure, this is user error somewhere. 

Any advice, or a setting i am messing up, would be greatly appreciated. 

I suspect it is an issue with the Kickr, do you get any power readings when you pedal, even if not controlled by your garmin?  If not then will be something wrong with the kickr.

Contact https://www.ikhambi.co.za/ their technical staff will get you to do some self tests first before you may have to send the kickr in.

It was my bad….

i kept trying to get my watts to register, and was in such a tizz this AM, i finally realized the workout had been loaded in Bpm and not watts……. 

Ugh i feel like such a nana, after 6 hours now of rebooting, wiping and reinstalling everything aargghhh we live and we learn the hard way lol 

thank you as always, this forum always helps, even if its to get me to think harder.