Frame Noise - Video

L_D

Let all the pressure out the shock and pump it a few times and the inflate again to your correct pressure.

If that doesn't work, service required 

A Spezialist might be able to narrow it down but I'd start with the pivots and the shock. Get someone to compress the suspension and you get on hands n knees to listen. I've got an engine stethoscope from my car racing days which quickly isolates noises. 

Sounds quite serious as my experience with creaks is they are tough to replicate and very elusive. 

13 minutes ago, L_D said:

Can someone please tell me what the source of this problem can be? Noise started about a week ago. Not sure if it is DIY job or not to rectify?

https://streamable.com/1nuf4t

I assume you are applying pressure to the frame via you elbow on the saddle? I second what Fanie said but I see that you are in Pretoria and I would suggest popping over to Jacques at Cogent to see if the shock needs a service

2 hours ago, fanievb said:

Let all the pressure out the shock and pump it a few times and the inflate again to your correct pressure.

If that doesn't work, service required 

Did that and the sound remains there ;-(

Just a thought, surely something causing that much noise will create vibrations in the metal parts closest to the source of the friction. Perhaps try reducing air pressure front and back by 50% and get someone else to cycle the suspension for you, while you systematically feel over the frame, linkage etc.. but mind your fingers..

That is a rock ship thing. 

deflate shock then cycle it. 
RS require you to then inflate it to I think 50/80 psi and cycle it again 5 x to get both chambers air equal 

then only pump to your psi

I had the same problem with my Epic. It has to do with air getting into the brain and causing the oil to cavitate. The rear shock will feel squishy and horrible if you ride it. Take it to your local Specialized store and they will send the brain off to be repaired. I took mine in, they installed a loan brain while they sent mine off and then reinstalled all for free because it was still under warranty. It seems like a common issue

Cogent said they cannot work on it due to the proprietary Brain at play.
Had to take it off and sent it to Specialized Stellenbosch to have it repaired.

Two questions that comes to mind:

What makes brain so different that no bike repair shop wants to touch it if the inner working have standard seals and components that can be serviced?

Second: Why is there no Gauteng authorised repairshop, yet there are two in the Cape (PE & Stellenbosch)

9 hours ago, L_D said:

What makes brain so different that no bike repair shop wants to touch it if the inner working have standard seals and components that can be serviced?

Second: Why is there no Gauteng authorised repairshop, yet there are two in the Cape (PE & Stellenbosch)

Most bike shops won't touch suspension beyond the basics. And Brains need special tools and proprietary seals which aren't easy to come by unless you're a Spez service centre.

18 hours ago, L_D said:

PE isn't authorised , they can(and they're good )  and mostly do out of warranty shocks 

But if your bike is still in warranty and you send it there , kiss that warranty goodbye