Road bike hand pump

Newbie321

I have a cheap ryder hand pump I use on my MTB which works fine for those low pressures but today I tried it on my road bike and struggled to get any air at around 70 psi into the tube, it became physically difficult though not impossible. So defeated I got the floor pump out. Any recommendations on a good hand pump for those road side fixes or should I just hit the gym? :P

What about CO2 for roadside fixes.?

Hand pump is a good backup and even at 70psi should at least get you home or to a fuel station forecourt where you can top up.

2Co2 cartridges just in case you ****** the first one for any reason. Haven’t carried a pump in a while.

9 hours ago, BMXER said:

25 plus years of racing and hard training, I have never carried a pump only co2.

Wife is always phone call away,????

Is the pomp for soft training then?

I carry the Giant Control Mini Pro which is a dual pump, air and CO2. I also carry 2 CO2 bombs

I'm running tubeless

Major flats I use the bombs

Topping up I use the pump

However I have a floor pump at home and before leaving home I always pump to required pressure

the pump on bike is for issues while riding

I second that Lezyne Pocket Drive hand pump. It fit's in a bottle and can get tyres pretty hard. I carry spare tube, pump and glue and patch kit in a bottle in spare bottle cage, never have to worry about a double puncture.

1 hour ago, love2fly said:

I ride with 2 CO2 "bombs" and 2 tubes. If I deplete those I'm having a really k@k day and time to phone a friend...

I do the same. But considering a pump for those extra long days. I already have glueless patches.

Pumps are to give to your mates when they puncture and you need a longer break and a good laugh at their expense.! ????

CO2