Tips on Selling your house

Gen

Okay guys, yes I know..  hope it sells and all. 

My question is maybe more for those in the business or those creative minds on tips for staging the house for the photographer and of course open days or views or whatever they do. 

Clutter is gone

Touch up paintwork is done etc.. 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget the garden.

Autumn and winter is a notoriously difficult time to sell your house in SA, as the gardens look like ****. First impressions and all that.

Please for the love of all things holy don't upload a picture of the plants in the corner of the erf. I really don't understand why this is a go-to photo for so many real estate agents. But like TNT said, now is probably the worst time of year for garden photos.

No/few pictures of the bathrooms are always suspicious as well. Edit: Toilet seats down! Delightful hand soaps and small plants in the bathrooms are also winners.

Edit:

Also, scatter cushions. Don't just place them on the beds/couches as is, mush the middle piece to create a dimple. I don't know why, but apparently it's a thing

spacer.png

Edited by bertusras

14 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

Don't forget the garden.

Autumn and winter is a notoriously difficult time to sell your house in SA, as the gardens look like ****. First impressions and all that.

Yes. Everything is still green for the moment and I mostly have ever green plants.. So I really hope that the frost just stays away until at least they've done the photo's ????

8 minutes ago, bertusras said:

Please for the love of all things holy don't upload a picture of the plants in the corner of the erf. I really don't understand why this is a go-to photo for so many real estate agents. But like TNT said, now is probably the worst time of year for garden photos.

No/few pictures of the bathrooms are always suspicious as well. Edit: Toilet seats down! Delightful hand soaps and small plants in the bathrooms are also winners.

Edit:

Also, scatter cushions. Don't just place them on the beds/couches as is, mush the middle piece to create a dimple. I don't know why, but apparently it's a thing

spacer.png

I  like have 5 scatter cushions in my whole house .. Could never under stand why people have so many.. Will try make it all look homely ????

Making notes.. Thx

Edited by Gen

More for open house than photos, but check what your house smells like. Even get an outside nose in for the job. Things might seem fine to you, but non-smokers or non-pet people will turn their nose and bond away from (what they consider) a stinky house.

Edited by TNT1

So like this.. Do I remove those books and replace it with something that gives a bit of height.. Or leave as is? 

I am not particularly good at all this.. and all the fuss is a pain for me.. IMG_20210521_095600.jpg.2876b4bb072ac169cb93d574c996bc4e.jpg

I assume that there used to be a picture above the fireplace?

Edit: Artwork also makes a massive difference. Even if you have to borrow stuff from friends/neighbours just for show it can help.

Edited by bertusras

14 minutes ago, bertusras said:

I assume that there used to be a picture above the fireplace?

Edit: Artwork also makes a massive difference. Even if you have to borrow stuff from friends/neighbours just for show it can help.

Erm not hat I can remember.. The light is catching it weird though... So I see how it looks like something may have been there. . But I have some of my brothers pieces packed up that I can hang there. 

The other wall in the lounge is a picture wall.. So I'm a bit bang of making the room look too busy????

Thx

Actually.. There was something there..one of those haning /floating sculptures things.. I don't know why I moved it.... Will go put it back there. ????

Edited by Gen

12 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

OMG this: "Watch for bad reflections in windows and glass, particularly those that feature you taking the photograph."

????????????

2 minutes ago, bertusras said:

OMG this: "Watch for bad reflections in windows and glass, particularly those that feature you taking the photograph."

????????????

Have you seem how many places for sale on the internet have those pics where the person is reflected in the bathroom mirror.

Just now, TNT1 said:

Have you seem how many places for sale on the internet have those pics where the person is reflected in the bathroom mirror.

Lols.. 

No hey that's why they are bringing in a professional photographer.. To avoid these sort of opsies. 

1 minute ago, Stretch said:

Make sure your BDSM apparel is packed away

Lol noted ????