Gen

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

Ugh having issues with our agent 

We trying to sell my in laws house. My Father in law passed away in Feb and we need to get my Mom in law out asap. The house is in his name, what a schlep wrt the estate etc. 

Anyway, to save costs we opted for 3%.com and as hard as they trying, there is a lot they lack that an agent often doesn't. My BIL has now listed it and he will try get it sold privately.

53 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

Ugh having issues with our agent 

I hope I never have to deal with them again. The agent on the sellers end is quote a little firecracker and handled the sale pretty well. 

Then we had issues with our buyers and this guy became a little annoying with his commission chasing. Hopefully never again. 

For now we wait for rates clearance on our property and for the seller to sign the transfer papers. Something is brewing though... the seller claims she's doesn't have the transfer documents. I suspect a delay tactic since their new house isn't completed yet.

Occupation on both ends is on transfer.

11 hours ago, Long Wheel Base said:

We trying to sell my in laws house. My Father in law passed away in Feb and we need to get my Mom in law out asap. The house is in his name, what a schlep wrt the estate etc. 

Anyway, to save costs we opted for 3%.com and as hard as they trying, there is a lot they lack that an agent often doesn't. My BIL has now listed it and he will try get it sold privately.

Took my Mom almost 9 months to get the house into her name. One problem after the next, mostly due to COVID, and also people that do half a job.

Now there’s her house (for sale/sold) and the one she’s moving to that will hopefully be quicker than the estate problems.

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Took my Mom almost 9 months to get the house into her name. One problem after the next, mostly due to COVID, and also people that do half a job.

Now there’s her house (for sale/sold) and the one she’s moving to that will hopefully be quicker than the estate problems.

COVID is a real issue with transfers ... incompetent people is a legacy pre-COVID unfortunately

9 hours ago, Frosty said:

Seeing how long everything is taking, I can imagine my in laws will also take 9 months easily. So frustrating.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/18/2021 at 12:57 PM, Steady Spin said:

After two years of having out place in the market we finally sold it. Privately I might add. 

After 6 offers falling through due to either not getting finance or the buyer ghosting the deal we decided to kick all the agents out. 

As a photographer I staged the house and took all the photos myself. Editing is key to make sure everything looks catalog perfect. 

We are finally moving out of the "hood" and into a house that is technically too big for us (600sqm), but finally having a garage again and a dedicated gym, bike room, and two offices for working from home is something I can no longer wait for. 

All the effort and hard work was worth it. 

Not looking forward to sorting out wifi for all that space.

600sqm plot or house?

Why didn't you do the pics in the beginning, or was it agent bringing in their own team? Despute all the other private/stripped down services now I still see a place for estate agents, just much less of them are going to be around.

1 minute ago, Shebeen said:

600sqm plot or house?

Why didn't you do the pics in the beginning, or was it agent bringing in their own team? Despute all the other private/stripped down services now I still see a place for estate agents, just much less of them are going to be around.

600sqm house on 1100sqm erf. 

I did the photos from the beginning and we supplied it to the agents. This included a video. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Pure Savage said:

Have not been on the Hub in a while, but our house sold. A little below asking, but well within our range. 

Was not the best time to sell, during a lockdown and looting.

We just sorting out the transfer papers, inspections etc now. :)

ha ha. try signing the sale on feb28th 2020. took a while for that one to go through - deeds office not setup for online anything, and all too happy to covid shut it down for 2 weeks

not sure how looting slowed down a sale in cape town

14 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

ha ha. try signing the sale on feb28th 2020. took a while for that one to go through - deeds office not setup for online anything, and all too happy to covid shut it down for 2 weeks

not sure how looting slowed down a sale in cape town

ha ha, luckily we are on zero occupational rent :)

15 hours ago, Pure Savage said:

We ended up opening up to 3 agents in the end. 

The one that did sell it, did some lekker photos, no show houses and cash buyer.

We sold our 2 places at below what we wanted but we got that benefit on the other end when we bought. Essentially you are paying less estate agent comm when you sell and less transfer for the new property. We dealt exclusively with 1 agent but that came with it's own challenges when buying as there was a different selling agent for the place we bought.

We're very happy with what we ended up with. The place we bought ticks all of our boxes. The garden was totally overgrown with Ivy and brazilian peppers so we've been trying to get that sorted and the solar heating for the pool went in last weekend. Now if this rain could leave and we could get 5 days of sun maybe i could get a bit of swimming done.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

• 4 weeks later...

Transfer of old house was lodged last week. 

Waiting on seller to settle fine with COCT for illegal wall before I pay remaining purchase price so can effect transfer. I just dont want the issues of another court case even if I dont have to pay for it, I just dont have the time. 

Very happy in new place. 20 min on the dot to work with a SE pumping headwind. 

Is there a DIY thread on the hub, only place I am going to be in the next few months.

25 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

Transfer of old house was lodged last week. 

Waiting on seller to settle fine with COCT for illegal wall before I pay remaining purchase price so can effect transfer. I just dont want the issues of another court case even if I dont have to pay for it, I just dont have the time. 

Very happy in new place. 20 min on the dot to work with a SE pumping headwind. 

Is there a DIY thread on the hub, only place I am going to be in the next few months.

So many people are being caught out for illegal works at time of transfer/sale as of late.

Another tip, from my Mom's sale...

• insist that the one lawyer deals with everything
  • A friend of the family: just because a lawyer has a LLB or B.Proc qualification, doesn't mean he can do conveyance work.

A friend of the buyer decided to use a family friend; he admitted 3 months later that he was in the deep end.