Replacement for 24/22mm Lyne Components BSA bottom bracket.

Steady Spin

Hi all. 

I managed to destroy the left cup of the BB and Lyne is out of stock on replacements. 

What can I replace this with? Not so used to the new standards. I just know the cup says BSA 24/22mm and it's a 73mm threaded shell. 

Looks like SRAM has the same 24/22 standard?

Also the wavy washer is missing between the crank and the dust cap. Big deal? 

Yeah man sram GXP designed BBs will work, from almost any manufacturer. I would recommended the once off large cost of the Wheels Manufacturing BBs as they're incredible quality and bearing replacement is much easier and cheaper later on. 

Wavy washer is important. Cant remember if a new BB comes with one, but your LBS should have one around somewhere... 

What does said wavy washer actually do? 

The crank bolt on the Lyne cranks torque up to 55nm and that is it. No preloading needed. 

I checked online now for T47 Angular Contact Outboard BB for 24/22mm and Switchback sports is out of stock :(

32 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

What does said wavy washer actually do? 

The crank bolt on the Lyne cranks torque up to 55nm and that is it. No preloading needed. 

I checked online now for T47 Angular Contact Outboard BB for 24/22mm and Switchback sports is out of stock :(

I'm no expert, but the wavy washer should be on the drive side to take up the gap to ensure the dust seal stays in place. It can be replaced with flat spacers instead but you'll need to assess with your own BB and how it spaces in the frame. 

My dust seals are held in place with a snap ring though. Wavy sat on the non drive side. 

Apparently it has to do with pressfit bbs. 

Oh well. New BB ordered and it comes with the washer. Now we wait for delivery.

You don't need a Wavy Washer on a threaded BB if you use the Sram bearing with the plastic bush on the Drive side. ND is usually a 2437 and DS the equivalent to a 25x37 which offhand I think I'd a 6805 or something. The Wavy Washer is only for PF BB's. I have a useful article I'll try and post.

Id Get a shimano bb with two angular contact bearings and one of those reducers/adapters to get the one side down to 22mm. Then fill the gap with spindle spacers if any.  
GXP BBS are horse crap. The driveside is designed to “float” and the bearing not to take side or pre loading. The wavey washer is just to occupy the gap and keep the dust seal on that bearing. If you fill the gap on a gxp bb and basically preload a non-angulR contact bearing...it will die a quick death. 

Youtube what mr Hambini thinks about GXP ???????? 

The wavy washer to to preload the drive side floating bearing. Yes it keeps the dust seal in place but its main purpose is preload. Preload is important if the bearing is too last anything longer than 2 weeks

Is this applicable to the BSA version as well? I didn't have a wavy on the drive side previously. 

I actually think it sat on the non drive side. 

I might be wrong but i don't think form factor plays a role. it's by design. washer always goes on drive-side, so someone made a booboo. 

22 hours ago, Butterbean said:

Yeah man sram GXP designed BBs will work, from almost any manufacturer. I would recommended the once off large cost of the Wheels Manufacturing BBs as they're incredible quality and bearing replacement is much easier and cheaper later on. 

Wavy washer is important. Cant remember if a new BB comes with one, but your LBS should have one around somewhere... 

this