Xoss G+ Cycling Computer

JKMTB

Hi all!

I have a question regarding the Xoss G+ computer. It seems to be a really cheap computer with all the basic features. My only worry is the GPS accuracy. Is it accurate enough on its own or is a speed sensor necessary?

On 5/24/2021 at 5:26 PM, JKMTB said:

Hi all!

I have a question regarding the Xoss G+ computer. It seems to be a really cheap computer with all the basic features. My only worry is the GPS accuracy. Is it accurate enough on its own or is a speed sensor necessary?

My regular riding partner has one. Distance wise the same as my Lezyne. Elevation gain is a bit out compared to the Lezyne.

i ride with the Xoss G+ one plus a Garmin Forerunner 35

minor differences between the 2

but there again wife and I ride together she with a Forerunner 735xt me with my Forerunner 35

we also get minor differences between distance and elevation

at the price point and depending on your ride analysis needs the Xoss G+ is good value

I’ve own the Xoss for a few months now, and for my purpose I find it very capable. Before removing my old cabled bike computer the speed matched perfectly the Xoss took a second or two to register you are accelerating (it's to be expected). Battery life is good, user friendly adding HR monitor other sensors.

Synching to Strava I had one instance where I struggled to find my recent event in the Xoss app, I had to shut down my phone for the updates to complete not had any issues since.

I’ve said that just say I’m happy with my purchase.

Want to get a Xoss G+ but I feel I might have any issue getting the HRM and cadence/speed sensors.

Any advice?

14 minutes ago, King Pluto said:

Want to get a Xoss G+ but I feel I might have any issue getting the HRM and cadence/speed sensors.

Any advice?

The unit is compatible with any ANT+/Bluetooth HRM, Speed or Cadence sensor. 

However, your LBS should be able to order the Xoss HRM, Speed/Cadence sensor (it can be used as either, so if you want both, you'll need two units if you don't want to use the GPS Speed). 

4 hours ago, BikeisLife said:

The unit is compatible with any ANT+/Bluetooth HRM, Speed or Cadence sensor. 

However, your LBS should be able to order the Xoss HRM, Speed/Cadence sensor (it can be used as either, so if you want both, you'll need two units if you don't want to use the GPS Speed). 

Okay perfect, thanks a lot????

• 1 year later...

You get what you pay for I guess. But it usually works. On cloudy days it sometimes loses GPS though. I have no clue why it did this today though. 

xoss.JPG

1 hour ago, Schuits said:

You get what you pay for I guess. But it usually works. On cloudy days it sometimes loses GPS though. I have no clue why it did this today though. 

xoss.JPG

Monster ride! Straight over buildings and everything 🤣