Tokai - Safe to ride alone?

Phil Williams

Hi all

Been searching through the forums and can't seem to find a active topic on tokai trails (maby I'm just blind ????

I'm moving to CT permanently at the end of the week and would love to hit the trails asap! Is tokai safe to ride alone during busy times (Saturday / Sunday mornings)? 

Cheers 

Edited by Phil Williams

Absolutely safe!  There were some incidents a while back on the Hout Bay side going up the the mast, so maybe avoid that if you're on your own, but the main trails are safe.

Welcome and enjoy!!

(and get your activity card asap, otherwise you'll be paying R90 odd per entry!)   ????

7 minutes ago, Stoffel76 said:

(and get your activity card asap, otherwise you'll be paying R90 odd per entry!)   ????

With 1 broken arm.

Only danger are the snakes, Check the Puffy Encounters thread????

Tokai, as in the area where the trails are, is safe to ride alone and I do it pretty often. There have, however, been a number of incidents of armed robbery and muggings on the greenbelts closer to the freeway. The latest incident was actually this morning where a woman was held up at gunpoint. 

So just pick your route into the area wisely.

5 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

With 1 broken arm.

Only danger are the snakes, Check the Puffy Encounters thread????

Lots of racing snakes around too!

4 hours ago, lukelockie said:

Tokai, as in the area where the trails are, is safe to ride alone and I do it pretty often. There have, however, been a number of incidents of armed robbery and muggings on the greenbelts closer to the freeway. The latest incident was actually this morning where a woman was held up at gunpoint. 

So just pick your route into the area wisely.

Can you elaborate on where this is taking place. 

i have been riding the Greenbelts a lot and alone recently and would like to avoid areas of concern. 

2 hours ago, Mike Mac said:

Can you elaborate on where this is taking place. 

i have been riding the Greenbelts a lot and alone recently and would like to avoid areas of concern. 

Apparently at the wooden bridge at the bottom of Tokai lower forest where it links to the Greenbelt.

8 hours ago, Alouette3 said:

Apparently at the wooden bridge at the bottom of Tokai lower forest where it links to the Greenbelt.

That sucks. I go through there all the time, mostly alone. I will need to be more careful.