Cederberg: A Mountain Oasis

Beautiful area and pics. The bakkie advertorial is a bit strong for the BikeHub tho :P

The Cederberg is still on my to-cycle list, but I've stayed and hiked there in the past.

I'd like more close ups of the bike, pleez

Edited by Hilton.

2 hours ago, Hilton. said:

Beautiful area and pics. The bakkie advertorial is a bit strong for the BikeHub tho :P

The Cederberg is still on my to-cycle list, but I've stayed and hiked there in the past.

I'd like more close ups of the bike, pleez

Noted the feedback, thanks.

Sponsors like Isuzu see cyclists and Bike Hub in particular as an important community. Their support goes a long way to help ensuring Bike Hub remains online and can grow. 

We do our best to balance the bike relevance and provide value even with sponsored content. Will see what we can do about some more bike shots ????

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

Noted the feedback, thanks.

Sponsors like Isuzu see cyclists and Bike Hub in particular as an important community. Their support goes a long way to help ensuring Bike Hub remains online and can grow. 

We do our best to balance the bike relevance and provide value even with sponsored content. Will see what we can do about some more bike shots ????

Mazda drifter marathon series, Nissan Xterra, Toyota Cadence supercycling, Subaru Sani2C, Mercedes Benz UCI world cup, Volvo Cannondale MTB team, Landrover technical terrain Cape Epic...the list goes on - I am more than happy to see car sponsorships in cycling, its obviously a market to be in, and has been for a while

1 minute ago, Shebeen said:

Mazda drifter marathon series, Nissan Xterra, Toyota Cadence supercycling, Subaru Sani2C, Mercedes Benz UCI world cup, Volvo Cannondale MTB team, Landrover technical terrain Cape Epic...the list goes on - I am more than happy to see car sponsorships in cycling, its obviously a market to be in, and has been for a while

Agreed, but Matt & co need to be very careful and not turn the articles into car reviews. A fine balance I know, but when the argument is that this is a cycling website and thus chit chat topics are not important one can use the same argument for the car reviews.

I get that it pays the bills, just try and keep it subtle please.

Im pretty sure they dont have the V6 petrol engine anymore for quite a few years. Also the current range is not that "new" and is due to be replaced with the new generation. Australia (and other countries) already has the new generation, which will only land here later this year or 2022 as they are in process of changing the local factory to built the new generation. 

I am fortunate enough to drive one of these fine bakkies in 4x4 guise and I can confirm that its a powerful brute of a bakkie with go-anywhere tendencies both on- and off-road. It swallows a 29'er full suspension comfortably in the back with only needing to remove the front wheel to close the canopy. Fuel usage averages out at about 10km / liter and 9.9 l/km over the last 3000 odd km's. I manage easy weekends away with my wife and kid including all their paraphernalia as well as my bike and kit without needing a bike rack and no extra packing in the cab required. All in all my Isuzu is a very comfortable and practical vehicle and I would not be exchanging it for a SUV or car again.

When I got mine it was a demo that was detuned by the dealer to protect the engine and upon receipt of the vehicle they remapped the chip from Isuzu Japan with the new D-Max setup. The normal bakkie delivers 100kw with about ~85kw on the rear wheels after drivetrain power loss. Mine delivers 102kw on the rear wheels. 

13 hours ago, MORNE said:

is it me or does everyone and their dog have a Curve gravel bike now...

it's becoming thae spaz epic of gravelbiking lol

That’s not nice Morne - my feelings are really hurt by the Spaz comparison 

now I have to sell my bike

Edited by Wayne pudding Mol
Wrong word

59 minutes ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

That’s not nice Morne - my feelings are really hurt by the Spaz comparison 

now I have to sell my bike

I thought yours was a calculus? my bad then.

also, you're welcome...enjoy the build????

Edited by MORNE

1 hour ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I am fortunate enough to drive one of these fine bakkies in 4x4 guise and I can confirm that its a powerful brute of a bakkie with go-anywhere tendencies both on- and off-road. It swallows a 29'er full suspension comfortably in the back with only needing to remove the front wheel to close the canopy. Fuel usage averages out at about 10km / liter and 9.9 l/km over the last 3000 odd km's. I manage easy weekends away with my wife and kid including all their paraphernalia as well as my bike and kit without needing a bike rack and no extra packing in the cab required. All in all my Isuzu is a very comfortable and practical vehicle and I would not be exchanging it for a SUV or car again.

When I got mine it was a demo that was detuned by the dealer to protect the engine and upon receipt of the vehicle they remapped the chip from Isuzu Japan with the new D-Max setup. The normal bakkie delivers 100kw with about ~85kw on the rear wheels after drivetrain power loss. Mine delivers 102kw on the rear wheels. 

I fit my whole bike diagonally in the back without removing the wheel. Try turning the wheel to face backwards and see if it fits.

23 minutes ago, Eddy Gordo said:

I fit my whole bike diagonally in the back without removing the wheel. Try turning the wheel to face backwards and see if it fits.

I was watching a guy push his fully assembled bike into his Hilux last weekend. I was very tickled by that but I do not seem to be able to. Either my cab is shorter than his, or he rides 650b, or I'm just piss poor at geometry...(most likely the latter).

I'll give it another go. I'm very intrigued now.

nevermind...you learn something new everyday...like how dof you can really be.

Thanks for enlightening me. Super stoked now.

HBNVfVM3CULVYA2EeOS0oesiIIPMDfcxygkENPRuikpx9V0coDL6TirSfDO5J9pphyfVslwQSGmNsMeM32bbwpI6dTyY3JE65KlbWwYasX7M2HM5LbFtTuyVnl30xq_BY3M4heJqGotMJC51XkF1fpSkxRbIkrlmhHWBZUpSAd-R8BwOIuCRwb-F_bYS00TKC5hkoONT1QojUJyWUKSFoX9fGkmWbC6fUMwtPbaRS8-GvDYaOkc8txAM8trvVNpCKgmAujI2Scxde_tOCQwwMp2n-SAANfZ2oj80df9JsGNvmm2EMbvCQt-gU2lmDNTMjG_5Jww3okocarIPYpgOmclwElkEZBbNcBCKzkI7xvQ7sEJ5g3eNMCeBlGV29OIJS-cVwGM9HX6EbsoeXn8yFcZYjnMM1Gvhh5PvavHlZd2pDm4zJaB_N9ahgMku1V7YDAF9S3f6Pym4VNv9V6b_5r0MeFvytC2X4BUcHtbX5OjuDiKynTJ10bhPsGHNd0vUj8pmE_ejxDjNEGypUMaFQuoOOf2gW0X8JsOYuVN14MxkA24RXsCroi8WaSvZBQ9RZahnj5tKCwWTBO7d9ChRqS5lleY_C7rfvomChuwW7jllR3N83K28XGf4LdPXu_NxltPN46F5VbJhkHh4AspS_tPraJxI68J7CRfTIoLlEhAsUQp21ArPoFR9YXjSHwuKKr0oTgufCBNHSyvSgORinsm3=w1318-h741-no?authuser=0

Edited by Robbie Stewart
add pic