Revamped Wahoo Elemnt Bolt now includes colour screen, improved navigation

News bot

Press Release

The new ELEMNT BOLT from Wahoo Fitness, the market leader in connected devices, boasts a crisp, color display, and expanded navigation features. Like all Wahoo devices, the new BOLT, available for sale today, maintains the easy to use, intuitive interface, and connectivity that makes Wahoo ELEMNT computers the choice of the world’s top cyclists and triathletes.

View full article

I bought a Bolt, the original unit... it was fantastic. I upgraded to the Roam and was disappointed, even more so when they introduced bugs through firmware updates after I had purchased it. I switched to Garmin (Edge 530 and Fenix) and apart from that little Crypto Ransomware attack they had I've been very happy.

Wahoo was really dodgy with their marketing on the Roam unit (misleading graphics making the display look more colourful and bigger than it actually was), the mount was flimsy and broke easily and they've also been super dodgy with their Rival smartwatch product, which appears to be an alpha product. I see the fancy marketing images above and it reminds me of the Roam all over again. What are they hiding?

So yeah, I'd be reluctant to try one of their products for a while to come...

That said I do have a Kickr and my partner uses my old original Bolt, which is still going strong.

-Edit- and the DCR article above echoes this: "I’m not convinced this is a model that’s going to take away any significant sales from the Garmin Edge 530 (at $299), given that it’s got a cruise ship full of added features Wahoo doesn’t have, and is largely considered pretty stable and dependable these days." and "I simply don’t know when Wahoo will fix the substantial issues I saw (and it sounds like some others saw too)." - Roam and Rival all over again.

Edited by aquaratza