Electric fence question

Mojoman

3 minutes ago, ouzo said:

They are all operating with native software and the ewelink app, so far no issues. But the most common thing is people flash them with better software and run better dashboards

Our entire house is Sonoff/Tasmotised running through HomeAssistant (HASS.io), and I love it.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

Terrible piece of garbage.

For heavy lifting these days, CBI Astute is my go to. For everything else, there's Xiaomi.

Astutes are cheaper and more reliable than sonoff, and also local.

will look into the astutes, did not know about them. Went Sonoff as they were cheap and easy at the time.

3 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

For heavy lifting these days, CBI Astute is my go to. For everything else, there's Xiaomi.

Oh, and both CBI and Xiaomi apps talk to Google Home, so one consolidated interface with that.

I will have a look at those options thanks.

13 minutes ago, ouzo said:

will look into the astutes, did not know about them. Went Sonoff as they were cheap and easy at the time.

Same.

About 10 Sonoffs on my property. Outside lights, kids heaters, Gate Trigger, alarm trigger, JoJo Tank Pump.

I like the RF Remote option for Alarm/gate/electric fence, as you retain control when things like your Wifi is down. Sonoff(or similar) is great for when you are not on site, to open for Garden services etc. So thus I have both option on a couple of items.

39 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

Where are you buying your astutes from ?

Also, I'm only seeing three products on their site.

But they certainly look decent.

51 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

Are you willing to expand on this opinion perhaps?

1 hour ago, ouzo said:

Where are you buying your astutes from ?

Also, I'm only seeing three products on their site.

But they certainly look decent.

Leroy Merlin and Builder's. As far as I know they are a new product from CBI, but CBI have been around for donkey's years.

Edited by TNT1

56 minutes ago, bertusras said:

Are you willing to expand on this opinion perhaps?

Cheap, plasticky, not one of them was actually capable of the amps it was rated at. To be fair I suppose I haven't tried everything in their range, but the R2 and R3 ones I have used were not great.

7 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

Leroy Merlin and Builder's. As far as I know they are a new product from CBI, but CBI have been around for donkey's years.

yeah I know CBi. The bit of digging around I did this morning reveals the wall plug was only released beginning of this year and the rest was towards the end of last year, so yes seems to be a new product for them. Will keep a close eye on them.

Edited by ouzo

2 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

Cheap, plasticky, not one of them was actually capable of the amps it was rated at. To be fair I suppose I haven't tried everything in their range, but the R2 and R3 ones I have used were not great.

yeah look I would not use them directly for any heavy duty stuff, but things like lights they are fine. I've actually been contemplating changing the pool pump setup to rather run through a relay than directly through the TH16.