Feedback on Squirt tyre sealant?

Ebjap1

Hi everyone, so I am fairly new to this mountain bike thing but been a lover of cycling from an early age. Anyway let's get to the point. I been using stans sealent now for about a year and love the product. I have used a few other sealents and let's just say I am happy with stans, however I seen this squirt stuff anyone tryed it out if so any good compared to stans? 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Ebjap1 said:

Hi everyone, so I am fairly new to this mountain bike thing but been a lover of cycling from an early age. Anyway let's get to the point. I been using stans sealent now for about a year and love the product. I have used a few other sealents and let's just say I am happy with stans, however I seen this squirt stuff anyone tryed it out if so any good compared to stans? 

I have almost a full bottle and I am almost on the point of pouring it down the drain, I bought the stuff because it was on sale at Buycycle, over the week-end I fitted a new tyre Maxis and Rim tape(which I have done countless times), seated the tyre very easy but lost pressure, I replaced the valve, still lost air, Even went for a quick ride to make sure everything seated, next morning flat tyre, off to Cycle lab, got myself a bottle of Stans, cleaned out the tyre poured Stans in, pumped tyre and it is still at pressure. Stick to stans.

Have been running squirt with the extra granules for 6 months or so and no issues, it was definitely sealing for small devil thorns etc, but was on tires that previously had Sludge sealant in them. The night before a big trip (of course) I decide I really must get off by butt and put a new rear tire on. Pull a new continental off the shelf, put it all together and have never seen such a porous continental in my life. About 6 R1 coin size areas bubbling away and tire goes flat in a few minutes. Long story short, multiple short rides, re-inflations, top ups of fluid and mounting desperation and some abusive language I decide to see if it will settle over night. Next morning same story, rip it off, put a Mavic tire on and all is sweetness and light.

unnamed.jpg.325a5e8916908fc586b4f727df4e9f6f.jpg

My sense of humor has not returned fully so haven't tried the same tire with something else yet, but new Contis often sweat but have always managed to seal them with Stans or Sludge before. So probably was my last bottle of Squirt.

Those Extra granules expanded and made rubber blobs in the tyre and I did not use a Bomb, tyre seated with a pump, pics attached..

Squirt seal.jpg

Edited by Dexter-morgan

Ryder and tyre juice crap. Similar kinda thing. On a side note I am loving working on bikes have a few tools so anyone keen on bike repairs servicing or whatever hit me up. I am based in jhb, north cliff area would love to learn and share info in this regard 

I've got a nearly full bottle of stans on my shelf. It did not work so well with the Giant Gavias I had at the time.

I'll check the size of the bottle and percentage left, thinks its the 200ml bottle.

I'm on the east rand, if someone wants it make me an offer.

Enduro Seal is a good alternative to Stans if you are looking for a cheaper alternative. Half the price, but works almost as well. There a a couple thread about it.

Just a not on the Continentals, I find that a new Conti needs to be washed down properly with soap and water to get the oily residue off that they use in the manufacturing process and to extend shelf life. This stuff does not play well with sealant, even Stans. Mine did not hold air over night, eventually removed it, scrubbed it and refitted and had no hassles after that. 

personally I would never use a sealent as its a knock off product of the much more capable sealant.

I use Enduro Seal, the African sealant. That stuff works so well I use it my road bike tubeless system as well. Effective up to 80psi in a 25C tyre with cuts up to 6mm long. Only other sealant I'd use is Stan's Race.

48 minutes ago, geomark said:

Have been running squirt with the extra granules for 6 months or so and no issues, it was definitely sealing for small devil thorns etc, but was on tires that previously had Sludge sealant in them. The night before a big trip (of course) I decide I really must get off by butt and put a new rear tire on. Pull a new continental off the shelf, put it all together and have never seen such a porous continental in my life. About 6 R1 coin size areas bubbling away and tire goes flat in a few minutes. Long story short, multiple short rides, re-inflations, top ups of fluid and mounting desperation and some abusive language I decide to see if it will settle over night. Next morning same story, rip it off, put a Mavic tire on and all is sweetness and light.

unnamed.jpg.325a5e8916908fc586b4f727df4e9f6f.jpg

My sense of humor has not returned fully so haven't tried the same tire with something else yet, but new Contis often sweat but have always managed to seal them with Stans or Sludge before. So probably was my last bottle of Squirt.

Was gonna say check you rim tape, But rather check that tyre. I can see a long crack in the rubber where the sealant is coming thru.

2 minutes ago, Eddy Gordo said:

Was gonna say check you rim tape, But rather check that tyre. I can see a long crack in the rubber where the sealant is coming thru.

Yes there are definite tire issues, and its not just that spot or side either, haven't got around to looking at it with a cool head yet ????

40 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

personally I would never use a sealent as its a knock off product of the much more capable sealant.

I use Enduro Seal, the African sealant. That stuff works so well I use it my road bike tubeless system as well. Effective up to 80psi in a 25C tyre with cuts up to 6mm long. Only other sealant I'd use is Stan's Race.

I was considering Enduro Seal, but then the guy that makes them posted a photo on SM with a corroded valve hole. The sort of corrosion that happens when there is ammonia in the sealant. 

So I'm back on the fence wrt Enduro seal and back on batseal. Will reconsider when it runs out, but my skepticism radar went haywire at that. 

• 1 year later...

Anybody using VEYGA GOAT’S MILK TUBELESS SEALANT?  It was suggested by my LBS.  I want to move away from Stan's.  It's  cheaper than Stan's and they claim its way better.

10 hours ago, Super Sywurm said:

Anybody using VEYGA GOAT’S MILK TUBELESS SEALANT?  It was suggested by my LBS.  I want to move away from Stan's.  It's  cheaper than Stan's and they claim its way better.

Ek het dit ook gehoor by my LBS so of dis goed of ons het die selfde LBS 😂