Muggers in Melville

Sb

Hi guys

Just a note to say that the hijack hotspot area on Rustenburg Road linking Emmarentia and Melville is certainly active - I was attacked yesterday by three men, one armed with a pistol. They knocked me off the bike at speed and then held me at gunpoint on the ground while trying to get hold of the stuff in my jersey pockets. I was extremely fortunate in having a group of riders come through at that exact moment, which chased them off. Thanks to all the guys who helped me out. 

Be safe, Mike. 

Is the ICG group? It was shared on our WhatsApp group and I posted it to the Melville suburb page. Glad you came off ok otherwise!

Seems that bend below the Puma station and the very top corner of the pass are now rendering that entire road as a hotspot. Unfortunately haven't seen much from policing/suburb in terms of solutions. Mostly private businesses that have conducted clean ups, but it needs to be consistent to be effective.
Access from Barry Hertzog also needs to be cut off. IMHO this is where the problem stems from and the guys escape to nearby Fietas.

21 minutes ago, Sb said:

Hi guys

Just a note to say that the hijack hotspot area on Rustenburg Road linking Emmarentia and Melville is certainly active - I was attacked yesterday by three men, one armed with a pistol. They knocked me off the bike at speed and then held me at gunpoint on the ground while trying to get hold of the stuff in my jersey pockets. I was extremely fortunate in having a group of riders come through at that exact moment, which chased them off. Thanks to all the guys who helped me out. 

Be safe, Mike. 

time to join ICG? I am gutted to hear about the incident - I ride this segment frequently. Glad you are unharmed and I'm going to have to rethink my local routes again.

Sounds like the same group from Delta park last year has moved down the spruit to this spot now. 

Stay safe people. 

1 hour ago, Super Sywurm said:

Muggers in Mellville sound like a Jack Parrow song.

Jack Parow sounds like a Muggers in Melville song