10 speed rear derailleur needed

Daniel Silva

Howzit guys

im in need of some help here, my bike is currently a 2x10 shimano xt setup. My chain keeps jumping off my jockey wheel even though I’ve replaced the jockey wheels two months ago and the chain has cut through the metal plate of the derailleur. During a race today it happened again and damaged the whole derailleur and hanger, so I’m now in need of a new rear derailleur however at the moment I don’t have the cash to go buy brand new parts. Does anyone have an old 10 speed derailleur lying around after upgrading, if so please let me know and I can organize payment and postage fees.

cheers 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Daniel Silva
Spelling

Before fitting new derailleur check and align the derailleur hanger or you will how the same problem with the new deraileur. If you do not have a gauge take it to your LBS to check.

Hi guys

thanks for all the help, I have managed to get one here in Durban and will be able to put the new one on. But then would it be a bent derailleur that would cause the chain to keep jumping off the jockey wheel or is there something else that causes that ? My derailleur hanger was bent during this race so I will need to straighten it at the LBS but after that, should that stop the chain jumping ?

22 minutes ago, Daniel Silva said:

Hi guys

thanks for all the help, I have managed to get one here in Durban and will be able to put the new one on. But then would it be a bent derailleur that would cause the chain to keep jumping off the jockey wheel or is there something else that causes that ? My derailleur hanger was bent during this race so I will need to straighten it at the LBS but after that, should that stop the chain jumping ?

Provided that the the limits and B set screws are set up correctly and the drive train is not worn.