Specialized Epic Hardtail Epic Pro 2021

OVERDRIVE

Maybe if it were slacker and more trail oriented and not just another marathon bike. I do believe that there is a place for proper trail hardtails in SA but it seems that the weekend marathon masses have cornered the market and made bike choices in SA overall drab and boring for the most part. The trail bikes available are either too steeply priced or underspecced for the money, but mostly both. A good HT that allows a rider to get rowdy at less than full suss pricing will do well here I think. I would invest for sure.  

6 hours ago, Grease_Monkey said:

What do you mean no back up parts? Besides for the frame everything else is no different than any other bike....

That was my thinking-gent said they get parts specific for the stock they carry to avoid delays when repairing. With a one off bike, if they don't have something, it will assumedly delay the repair. What part that is, I wonder...

24 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

That was my thinking-gent said they get parts specific for the stock they carry to avoid delays when repairing. With a one off bike, if they don't have something, it will assumedly delay the repair. What part that is, I wonder...

Ja, that’s a BS story. The only part that is specific is the frame. And a simple “I know a warranty issue on the frame will take months” disclaimer should cover that.

If I was you I’d look at the Santa Cruz High Ball.

7 minutes ago, Grease_Monkey said:

Ja, that’s a BS story. The only part that is specific is the frame. And a simple “I know a warranty issue on the frame will take months” disclaimer should cover that.

ImageVery nice, I must say. Very nice 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2021 at 9:08 PM, Grease_Monkey said:

I actually saw a gent with this at Northern Farm today. So...

image.png.b9624c07a73f508488308976fffac331.png

Just now, OVERDRIVE said:

Am so happy its not my size because I don't think I'd sleep well if it was...really awesome bike this. 

It is perfectly my size. I am so happy I can't afford it... Sooooo happy. It is really an awesome bike!

• 4 weeks later...