Jolanda Neff & Mathias Flueckiger are the 2021 Swiss XC National Champions

OVERDRIVE

Flueckiger has been on the up for a couple of seasons and N1no has plateaued since 2018. Even 2019 wasn't quite as successful. We all thought 2020 was a dip year due to Lockdown but it seems others used 2020 as a big training year and have caught up or surpassed N1no. He may only have 1 peak period left in the legs and saving that for Tokyo. However he is going to have to have a special day to win gold at the Olympics again. Smart money would be on a MVDP/Pidcock/Flueckiger podium with Alan/Viktor/Jordan/being the outsiders

Don't write off Nino yet.  He's a fighter, will probably come back with a bang.

Edited by TheoG

4 minutes ago, TheoG said:

earlier this month Nino had a photo finish for a WC win. memories are short!

20 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

earlier this month Nino had a photo finish for a WC win. memories are short!

nee man you're getting old and memory is becoming more of a painting than a photograph.

Yes they take photos at the finish even if you 4 bike lengths behind

with 8 weeks to go I doubt there's any savings. The form just isn't there yet. Maybe he will peak for the Olympics but so will everyone else and they all have pretty decent coaches. Baring MVDP, Tom Pidcock and others sustaining injury, falling ill or the Olympics being cancelled, N1no is in for a hell of a fight to retain his Olympic title.

9 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Flueckiger has been on the up for a couple of seasons and N1no has plateaued since 2018. Even 2019 wasn't quite as successful. We all thought 2020 was a dip year due to Lockdown but it seems others used 2020 as a big training year and have caught up or surpassed N1no. He may only have 1 peak period left in the legs and saving that for Tokyo. However he is going to have to have a special day to win gold at the Olympics again. Smart money would be on a MVDP/Pidcock/Flueckiger podium with Alan/Viktor/Jordan/being the outsiders

I like the Alan part ????

9 hours ago, TheoG said:

Am battling a little to see how, though...

58 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

with 8 weeks to go I doubt there's any savings. The form just isn't there yet. Maybe he will peak for the Olympics but so will everyone else and they all have pretty decent coaches. Baring MVDP, Tom Pidcock and others sustaining injury, falling ill or the Olympics being cancelled, N1no is in for a hell of a fight to retain his Olympic title.

Pidcock is scary. That cut through the field...

4 hours ago, mecheng89 said:

Can't wait for F1 change of the guard as well. 

its happening.... I just hope that the challenge can be sustained. Watching Shamilton winning without a fight and calling himself GOAT is just vomitworthy