Logistics Help

Gunston

I want to enter the upcoming Cape Pioneer Trek but have some logistical challenges - hoping that someone here has been through this before and can give some guidance (I have mailed Dryland a set of questions with no response - so hopefully someone here can help....)

• With no flights or direct bike transport from King Shaka to George, I'll have to fly via King Shaka to JHB to George, this somewhat complicates things
  • I'll be flying my bike in a bike bag, will the shuttle service be able to take my bike also?
    • I assume that if they do, they will also transport my bike bag to the finish and then back to the airport again?
  • with the shuttle service running the day before and the day after the event also, does that mean the tented accommodation will be available those days also?

For anyone that has done this race before on their own - any comments or recommendations on the logistics?  what worked well?  What didn't?  Would love to do it but so far just getting there and back feels like a bigger challenge than the actual event.