Question for MTB race length

Matthew du preez

17 hours ago, Matthew du preez said:

i came first in my category, and general position 11th.

Well done bud, you should be proud of yourself! Excellent job and keep it up!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Matthew du preez said:

i came first in my category, and general position 11th.
started at -5C man my fingers have never been so sore.
i know it may sound unmanly but i almost cried from pain, and i'm no soppy.

i'm going to wear long fingered gloves next time not normal cycling gloves

honestly it was a wonderful ride, once we were out of the winter wonderland forest...

i'm looking at doing the legend, in 2 weeks time maybe the 40km.

Matthew, well done, I passed you early on in the race, my advice, stick to the shorter distances, your overall body frame size is still on the small size. Do not rush it, Train harder and pace yourself.

BTW the field was very small, in all the categories.

7 minutes ago, Comrade J said:

Matthew, well done, I passed you early on in the race, my advice, stick to the shorter distances, your overall body frame size is still on the small size. Do not rush it, Train harder and pace yourself.

BTW the field was very small, in all the categories.

did you pass me right at the start just as we came up to the parking? a sneaky stone decided to stick in my back derailer 

11 minutes ago, Comrade J said:

i may look well, skinny but i am quite fit, besides the cold, the race was easy.

but yes i will train and continue training

2 hours ago, Matthew du preez said:

dumb newbie question, what is interval training?

thanks, 

Don't worry about that, for now. When you're ready for some structured training, you'll find out what intervals are.
For now, ride your bike and race those shorter distances; Oh! and concentrate on your schooling.

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Don't worry about that, for now. When you're ready for some structured training, you'll find out what intervals are.
For now, ride your bike and race those shorter distances; Oh! and concentrate on your schooling.

oh yea, i guess school still has to be done.....

Unless you have a trust-fund .... keep up the school work ... so you can gain the knowledge and skills to afford LEKKA bikes for years to come :whistling:

By all means, practice, give it your best in these rides .... please dont get swept up in "KOMS" and "Podiums" .....  I have seen way too many good riders in the SPUR MTB school league loose their love for the sport when the pressure became too much ....

19 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Unless you have a trust-fund .... keep up the school work ... so you can gain the knowledge and skills to afford LEKKA bikes for years to come :whistling:

By all means, practice, give it your best in these rides .... please dont get swept up in "KOMS" and "Podiums" .....  I have seen way too many good riders in the SPUR MTB school league loose their love for the sport when the pressure became too much ....

I have a lekka bike (Merida one-twenty pro), it's the rider that counts not the bike.

21 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

i get what you're saying????

On 6/7/2021 at 1:17 PM, Matthew du preez said:

dumb newbie question, what is interval training?

thanks, 

It's from the old days. There used to be these things called drive-ins. They would show two movies and have a break in between them, and during the break (the interval) you would run from your car to the toilets, wee, and then buy popcorn and run back to your car.

Good training on a Friday night. Gets the motor revved before the Saturday raceday.

Edited by TNT1

4 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

It's from the old days. There used to be these things called drive-ins. They would show two movies and have a break in between them, and during the break you would run from your car to the toilets, wee, and then buy popcorn and run back to your car.

Good training on a Friday night. Gets the motor revved before the Saturday raceday.

technically those were called intermissions, but your post is good.