Santa Cruz release all-new Blur

News bot

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really nice looking bike!! Lots of blah blah about frame weight, but no mention of the total bike weight for the XC or TR versions... Would be interesting to know what the total bike weight is for the 2 versions of the bike to compare

11 minutes ago, Spafsack said:

Mark, i would like to know as well. But such a clean simple looking XC weapon.

At over 100k it must be under 11kg at least.

At over R100k I would be keeping both fingers crossed that it comes in under 11kg, but I have a feeling it might be around 11kg, or just over for the "entry level" bike... 

I found this below online, so not cheap at R100k+ for a bike with GX components... and R200k+ for the top of the range.

"The range starts with the Blur C S at £5,099 / $5,199. It uses Select+ suspension, a SRAM GX Eagle drivetrain and ‘C’ level carbon.

Via other builds with Shimano’s XT groupset, SRAM’s X01 drivetrains and plus Reserve wheel options, the Blur XC range tops out with the Blur CC XX1 AXS RSV at £9,899 / $11,299. Blur TR peaks with the CC XX1 AXS TR RSV model at £10,099 / $11,599"

3 minutes ago, Mark James said:

At over R100k I would be keeping both fingers crossed that it comes in under 11kg, but I have a feeling it might be around 11kg, or just over for the "entry level" bike... 

I found this below online, so not cheap at R100k+ for a bike with GX components... and R200k+ for the top of the range.

"The range starts with the Blur C S at £5,099 / $5,199. It uses Select+ suspension, a SRAM GX Eagle drivetrain and ‘C’ level carbon.

Via other builds with Shimano’s XT groupset, SRAM’s X01 drivetrains and plus Reserve wheel options, the Blur XC range tops out with the Blur CC XX1 AXS RSV at £9,899 / $11,299. Blur TR peaks with the CC XX1 AXS TR RSV model at £10,099 / $11,599"

Their top end builds have a claimed weight of 10.23kg and 10.69kg or the Blur and Blur TR versions respectively. But as you mention, that pricing likely in the #nobudget range, i.e. R200k+
 Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 11.37.17.png
https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en-ZA/bikes/blur

We'll ask about frame only options in ZA, but stock is very limited with global shortages & delays. There were a few at their local dealers yesterday, but likely all pre-sold.

apparently the yanks were told that frame only options are aonly available from 2023 onward. By then the updated version will be at the coming soon stage.

I get the feeling that ordering a new bike today is bit like buying bitcoin. You just don't know were that money has gone till you get something

The guys at Rush Sports (distributors of Santa Cruz in ZA) confirm Blur CC frames should become available in the next few months in SA. Only the CC version will be available as a frame only option. 

I'm not disputing it but i feel "global shortages" is fast becoming the new Rand/Dollar excuse in this country...and it will stay an excuse/motivation long after the "shortage" has passed haha

7 minutes ago, MORNE said:

I'm not disputing it but i feel "global shortages" is fast becoming the new Rand/Dollar excuse in this country...and it will stay an excuse/motivation long after the "shortage" has passed haha

I'm sure there are cases where it's a convenient excuse, but any distributor who's able to have any amount of stock in SA stores on the day of a global launch is doing a damn good job, even outside of the current conditions. 

Definitely not disputing the global shortage as I parts hunt the globe

BUT, loving the launches of bikes (not just local)  Here is our brand new super dooper best ever coolest ever bike Ta da....

But you can't have one because they are only available in 2023 when there will be something else not available (or a massive over supply)

Pyga set the trend with the Mobu.  It's coming its coming its coming

I find it irritating to be marketed products I cannot get - might as well send me Ferrari brochures

I feel better now, as you were

On 6/1/2021 at 10:46 AM, DJuice said:

Did I miss the price?

Cant afford or in market, just to know, compared with other brands.

R109,999.00 for the Santa Cruz Blur 4 C with Sram GX eagle 1 x 12 and alloy wheels. Apparently they still waiting for the other models to come in... Another R10k buys you an Epic Evo Expert with carbon wheels and SRAM X01. R27k less buys you an Epic Evo Comp with similar-ish spec. I think there are better value options out there but that's just my humble opinion...