Santa Cruz release all-new Blur

News bot

22 hours ago, babse said:

or they just pictured with AXS and manual lockout suspension 

Fortunately not the case. I see they have ports for rear shock lockout and rear derailleur.
Finally they've come to their senses.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, GuyKilfoil said:

R109,999.00 for the Santa Cruz Blur 4 C with Sram GX eagle 1 x 12 and alloy wheels. Apparently they still waiting for the other models to come in... Another R10k buys you an Epic Evo Expert with carbon wheels and SRAM X01. R27k less buys you an Epic Evo Comp with similar-ish spec. I think there are better value options out there but that's just my humble opinion...

And it does look like a Specialized too, just different colour.

I think the Blur lost all appeal - No VPP - no thanks... Will keep my Blur 3 CC. Twice the bike and not at the current Covid inflated prices. 

8 hours ago, s14phoenix said:

I think the Blur lost all appeal - No VPP - no thanks... Will keep my Blur 3 CC. Twice the bike and not at the current Covid inflated prices. 

I ride a Blur 3 and also a Kona Hei Hei 2020 .If i slap a Blur sticker on the Kona i have the new Blur .The Kona is a great bike and the design is very much like the new blur with the same rear suspension

Edited by eala

On 6/2/2021 at 12:31 PM, MORNE said:

I'm not disputing it but i feel "global shortages" is fast becoming the new Rand/Dollar excuse in this country...and it will stay an excuse/motivation long after the "shortage" has passed haha

That theory would have to be applied to any item imported in this country, or if manufactured locally where they rely on imported materials.

The world is scrambling at the moment to get it's popo back together again.

I think it be around 11kg a lot of loot for a 11 kg bike- I can't see to much special but its looks good. 

On 6/4/2021 at 8:10 AM, s14phoenix said:

in all honesty the VPP didn't work terribly well in a short travel format. They just engineered too much anti squat into it to the point of being really harsh when pedaling up rooty or rocky inclines. Lots of pedal feedback hurts the legs. Scott figured that out with the Spark and used the rear shock to provide the platform. The new Blur also has a much lower anti squat so I expect it too be a much better bike under hard pedaling.

we all do remember pedaling right, its that thing where your legs go up and down without electric motor assistance :)

21 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

in all honesty the VPP didn't work terribly well in a short travel format. They just engineered too much anti squat into it to the point of being really harsh when pedaling up rooty or rocky inclines. Lots of pedal feedback hurts the legs. Scott figured that out with the Spark and used the rear shock to provide the platform. The new Blur also has a much lower anti squat so I expect it too be a much better bike under hard pedaling.

we all do remember pedaling right, its that thing where your legs go up and down without electric motor assistance :)

Just one teaspoon... ????

On 6/2/2021 at 6:36 PM, WrightJnr said:

Gotta love the fanboys and haters. 
Santa Cruz launch new bike. People post starting price with Gx and go ooooooooh. 
Specialized launch new bike. People post the S-Works Unobtainium XX1 AXS Model price and go oooooooooh. 

Looking forward to seeing the responses to the new Scott Spark