Jump to content

Vuelta 2021 🇪🇸


'Dale
 Share

Recommended Posts

Running from Saturday 14 August 2021 to Sunday 5 September 2021, La Vuelta 21will be made up of 21 stages and will cover a total distance of 3336,1 kilometers.

️8 flat stages (2 with high-altitude finales)

 〰️ hilly stages

⛰ mountain stages

2 individual time-trial stages

🔋 2 rest days

https://www.lavuelta.es/en/overall-route

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Egan vs Pogačar vs Roglič vs ??? 

Hopefully they all come fit and healthy because this is definitely the battle most fans want to see ... pity it didn't happen at TdF.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Thomo said:

Hopefully they all come fit and healthy because this is definitely the battle most fans want to see ... pity it didn't happen at TdF.

Hopefully they'll be able to keep it rubber side down.

I remember Roglic descending in the Giro a few years ago, he was sublime. Poetry in motion. I wonder what happened to his skills the last couple of seasons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TNT1 said:

Hopefully they'll be able to keep it rubber side down.

I remember Roglic descending in the Giro a few years ago, he was sublime. Poetry in motion. I wonder what happened to his skills the last couple of seasons.

Loosing the ski jumping finesse?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking forward to this. Tour GC this year is not the most exciting, if we have Roglic, Pogacar, Bernal and Remco at the Vuelta it is gonna be super exciting to watch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

surely that's too soon to be competitive?

The Tour-Vuelta double definitely seems to be a more rare feat than the Giro-Tour one.

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_Crown_of_Cycling

23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Fausto Coppi (ITA) 1949 Tour + Giro 3rd place
23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Fausto Coppi (ITA) 1952 Tour + Giro DNE
23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Jacques Anquetil (FRA) 1963 Tour + Vuelta 14th place[4]
23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Jacques Anquetil (FRA) 1964 Tour + Giro 7th place[5]
23px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png Eddy Merckx (BEL) 1970 Tour + Giro 29th place[6]
23px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png Eddy Merckx (BEL) 1972 Tour + Giro 4th place[7]
23px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png Eddy Merckx (BEL) 1973 Giro + Vuelta 4th place[8]
23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Bernard Hinault (FRA) 1978 Tour + Vuelta 5th place[9]
23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Giovanni Battaglin (ITA) 1981 Giro + Vuelta 26th place[10]
23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Bernard Hinault (FRA) 1982 Tour + Giro DNF
23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Bernard Hinault (FRA) 1985 Tour + Giro DNF
23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png Miguel Indurain (ESP) 1992 Tour + Giro 6th place
23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png Miguel Indurain (ESP) 1993 Tour + Giro 2nd place
23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Marco Pantani (ITA) 1998 Tour + Giro DNE[11]
23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png Alberto Contador (ESP) 2008 Giro + Vuelta DNF[12]
23px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png Chris Froome (GBR) 2017 Tour + Vuelta DNE
Edited by TNT1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TNT1 said:

The Tour-Vuelta double definitely seems to be a more rare feat than the Giro-Tour one.

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_Crown_of_Cycling

23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Fausto Coppi (ITA) 1949 Tour + Giro 3rd place
23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Fausto Coppi (ITA) 1952 Tour + Giro DNE
23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Jacques Anquetil (FRA) 1963 Tour + Vuelta 14th place[4]
23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Jacques Anquetil (FRA) 1964 Tour + Giro 7th place[5]
23px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png Eddy Merckx (BEL) 1970 Tour + Giro 29th place[6]
23px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png Eddy Merckx (BEL) 1972 Tour + Giro 4th place[7]
23px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png Eddy Merckx (BEL) 1973 Giro + Vuelta 4th place[8]
23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Bernard Hinault (FRA) 1978 Tour + Vuelta 5th place[9]
23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Giovanni Battaglin (ITA) 1981 Giro + Vuelta 26th place[10]
23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Bernard Hinault (FRA) 1982 Tour + Giro DNF
23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Bernard Hinault (FRA) 1985 Tour + Giro DNF
23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png Miguel Indurain (ESP) 1992 Tour + Giro 6th place
23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png Miguel Indurain (ESP) 1993 Tour + Giro 2nd place
23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Marco Pantani (ITA) 1998 Tour + Giro DNE[11]
23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png Alberto Contador (ESP) 2008 Giro + Vuelta DNF[12]
23px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png Chris Froome (GBR) 2017 Tour + Vuelta DNE

Vuelta used to be in april, was switched in 1995 to september.

I think the reason why it was more rare is the TDF winner didn't even race the vuelta that year.

We're probably only going to see giro/vuelta combos for a while now, 2017 was quite a freak occurence

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

surely that's too soon to be competitive?

Nope, he should be fine. Take a week off after the TdF and then endurance block with a little interval work (twice per week ) for two weeks and a taper week, sorted. He won't star as fresh as say Bernal and how he manages his first week will be key but its pretty doable

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

My Profile My Forum Content My Followed Content Forum Settings Ad Messages My Ads My Favourites My Saved Alerts My Pay Deals Settings Help Logout