Vuelta 2021 ????????

'Dale

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Aru is retiring after this years Vuelta. Shame, for all the fun, the pain face memes and the rest he did shine bright for a short time before a very bad run of luck in the medical department. Qhubeka are propping up the joke that they are the team equivalent of the elephants graveyard. 

2021 Vuelta GC by birthplace altitude 

1. Narváez ???????? 3458m  
2. Carapaz ???????? 2980m
3. Supermán ???????? 2858m
4. Cepeda ???????? 2850m
5. Caicedo ???????? 2842m
6. Bernal ???????? 2640m 
7. Camargo ???????? 2572m
8. Molano ???????? 2525m 
9. Henao ???????? 2125m
10. Kuss ???????? 1988m

@DanielFriebe

Well, time trial is short (7-odd km), so maybe not a bad day for the TT…

I see Vuelta is only being shown at 18h50 on SS 206, and then again near mid nite, wonder why they not crossing live, etc?

thanks Dale for Columbians altitude at birth, made for surprising reading! 
Cheers

Chris

Edited by Zebra

1 hour ago, Zebra said:

Well, time trial is short (7-odd km), so maybe not a bad day for the TT…

I see Vuelta is only being shown at 18h50 on SS 206, and then again near mid nite, wonder why they not crossing live, etc?

thanks Dale for Columbians altitude at birth, made for surprising reading! 
Cheers

Chris

The ITT only starts at 5:44 p.m. (CEST).

23 hours ago, 'Dale said:

2021 Vuelta GC by birthplace altitude 

1. Narváez ???????? 3458m  
2. Carapaz ???????? 2980m
3. Supermán ???????? 2858m
4. Cepeda ???????? 2850m
5. Caicedo ???????? 2842m
6. Bernal ???????? 2640m 
7. Camargo ???????? 2572m
8. Molano ???????? 2525m 
9. Henao ???????? 2125m
10. Kuss ???????? 1988m

@DanielFriebe

5 hours ago, dsw said:

The ITT only starts at 5:44 p.m. (CEST).

Yup, but 5.44pm CEST is also 5.44pm in SA... hopefully someone at DStv figures out how to tell the time otherwise they're going to miss the first half of the field.

On 8/11/2021 at 10:34 AM, Shebeen said:

ja sure, Pidcock could win la Vuelta. just not this year.

If anyone is going to win their first ever grandtour start, it's him, but he's behind sivakov too in the pecking order for this one.

He reckons no goals or expectations, but I reckon he might be freed to take a stage.

Apparently KOOKING in Spain right now, late 30's

I'm really surprised to see Bernal loose 27s on a 7km TT on stage 1. I expected Roglic to win today, but definitely didn't expect Bernal to loose time to Mas, Bardet, Kuss, Lopez, etc. Am I missing something? Looks like a pretty disappointing day for Ineos, but obviously 20s or 27s is nothing considering how much racing is still to come. Gonna be interesting to see their tactics in the mountains. 

(La Flamme Rouge made a correction that Mas is on 18s, not 8s after posting this)

34 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

I'm really surprised to see Bernal loose 27s on a 7km TT on stage 1. I expected Roglic to win today, but definitely didn't expect Bernal to loose time to Mas, Bardet, Kuss, Lopez, etc. Am I missing something? Looks like a pretty disappointing day for Ineos, but obviously 20s or 27s is nothing considering how much racing is still to come. Gonna be interesting to see their tactics in the mountains. 

(La Flamme Rouge made a correction that Mas is on 18s, not 8s after posting this)

Polanc is 15s off on this list that they have not included and would be below Sivakov.

The TT was really technical today, the downhill, although only 1.1km was super technical. The segment to the KOM if you went to hard you paid for it through the city and with the turns and narrow streets you needed to carry speed and be on the pedals all the time. 

Todays 7km wasn't a easy ride. 

23 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

Polanc is 15s off on this list that they have not included and would be below Sivakov.

The TT was really technical today, the downhill, although only 1.1km was super technical. The segment to the KOM if you went to hard you paid for it through the city and with the turns and narrow streets you needed to carry speed and be on the pedals all the time. 

Is Polanc your leader for the Vuelta? I would have thought you'd be riding for Majka? 

7 hours ago, J Wakefield said:

Nice to of seen Gibbo put in a solid ride