Vuelta 2021 ????????

'Dale

5 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Meanwhile, in other news, Rohan Dennis signs 2 year contract with the yellow team on Cervélos.

Only now? I thought was a done deal ages ago. Really good addition to the boys in yellow

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 'Dale said:

How inspiring the breakaway with Bernal and Roglič. At 7 kms to go, one of the best finalès of Primož, especially as it followed after the long-range attack with the Colombian star. 

???? Cycling News Feed

6DEA2C95-D91E-475A-AA1D-D515081C0E5C.jpeg

What an amazing stage. One of the most exciting in ages. Can't believe that Roglic and Bernal were able to stay away. 

12 hours ago, Darryllk said:

Is dstv still broadcasting the tour?

Yes, but normally not from the start, they join later in the stage mostly.

Edited by TheoG

11 hours ago, 'Dale said:

How inspiring the breakaway with Bernal and Roglič. At 7 kms to go, one of the best finalès of Primož, especially as it followed after the long-range attack with the Colombian star. 

???? Cycling News Feed

One of the best finales full-stop I think.  The way i see it, is he had everything to lose - previous wonder-finishes have been where the rider had nothing to lose. Here Rog had everything to lose - He could have blown badly, Bernal could have gained minutes and Rog could even have been swallowed up by the Movistar-heavy chasing group, pretty much putting all his hopes on the Sunday TT. But Rog backed himself and pulled off a great win. Even if he'd stayed with Mas et al, he'd still be in rojo today, but no, that wasn't enough for him. A proper dominant performance

12 hours ago, 'Dale said:

I see Style Man issued a warning to the GC leader after wearing blue Shimano kicks instead of the other options of black or white. ????

The blue with yellow and black is a "special" combination ????

1 minute ago, TNT1 said:

Does everyone just gloss over Thursday's stage? After yesterday, today is going to be brutal.

Brutal indeed.  I would say Primoz should be conservative and pick his battles carefully.  The actual top 10 is for sure going to transpire after today.

1 minute ago, Eldron said:

Maincheese may not be the most exciting rider to watch but I am really enjoying his return to top form!

Goooo Maincheese!

Agree, I would love to see him add a little aggression in his riding, but yes also enjoy his return to form, top 10 is winking.

17 minutes ago, Dirt Tracker said:

classic.

E-NfmFBXEAAHzXH.jpg

Gamesmanship out of the playbook.

" I have been here for so long I came to look for you"

I

11 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

Does everyone just gloss over Thursday's stage? After yesterday, today is going to be brutal.

history has shown that on back-to-back monster stages, day #1 strong ou's are the same strong ou's on day #2. 

it remains to be seen if Rog wants to make more of a statement. I sure hope he does. Then again, I can' see anyone beating him in the TT, so what does he need to do today? Perhaps Jumbo will set Kuss off into the distance?

14 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

May be this is Ineos master plan... 

1 - get Bernal to telegraph his attack in the Press conference.

2 - Get Siv' to telegraph when that is going to happen with a lengthy conversion with bernal that seems to be broadcast to everyone and covered on tv. Then get him to ride like a beast before launching in text book 'how to attack 101' 

3 - This ensures Roga' goes full Slovenian, sniffs a 'Froome' special and thinks of his range of 'No risk, No glory' t-shirts / swim wear

4 - Bernal pins himself to endure Roga likes what he sniffs and carries on pinning himself for the line once Bernal cracks wasting valuable energy

5 - Master plan comes together on Thursday for a blistering Yates-a-thon of hither to unseen epic ness, proving he's been hiding like a shark and fooling everyone as he smashes the seemingly  impossible deficit, win the red and then unleash his secret TT powerup from an intense zwift regime that he's been honing each night in the bowels of the Ineos team bus. 

Genius from Dave B, cementing his promise to fans to race differently this year!