Vuelta 2021 ????????

'Dale

An annoying little stage 1 where so much can go wrong and so little can go right. And the golden one dresses up in red today. 

It’ll be very hot again today with the threat of gusts and crosswind on the open plains. The fans love it: The athletes dread it. 

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Mountain Bru said:

Is Polanc your leader for the Vuelta? I would have thought you'd be riding for Majka? 

The team isnt GC focused as a complete unit. De La cruz and Polanc have freedom for GC and Majka has a different roll for the Tour. 

Alpecin Fenix were fast yesterday.. it's like their team is all about sprinting, which I like a lot. Today's stage will be super exciting though - perhaps Ineos can put one of their leaders in a breakaway to shake things up ????

Edited by Charles71

One for the Breakaway today? TJV to give the red jersey to a minor team to defend for a week or so before taking it back when it matters.

GC men to test the competitors legs on the final climb. Those who are not on the right level will be shown out with significant time gaps to the rest.

2021-08-16 11_00_48-Window.png

2021-08-16 11_01_59-Window.png

Edited by Vetplant

4 minutes ago, Frosty said:

That gold paint must be heavy.

that skoobarello left its boxer behind this afternoon

17 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

jaaaa... Carapaz would look less silly if he was just wearing a normal helmet riding a normal bike

But then how would Movistar know when to attack?

Valverde literally started pulling as soon as Carapaz was off the back (although it might have been a coincidence)

What a career peak by the 34 year old Taramäe. 
“It's a big deal because I'm 34 years old and I don't have many years left to try to do this…”  

That was a proper battle on this wall of a climb. Yoh, beautiful racing. Typical thrilling stuff and high risk racing I associate with the Vuelta. Great pic below by Getty Sport Images. 

042092E1-5BA8-4C73-BB29-A7DB49D02B03.jpeg

1 hour ago, 'Dale said:

What a career peak by the 34 year old Taramäe. 
“It's a big deal because I'm 34 years old and I don't have many years left to try to do this…”  

That was a proper battle on this wall of a climb. Yoh, beautiful racing. Typical thrilling stuff and high risk racing I associate with the Vuelta. Great pic below by Getty Sport Images. 

042092E1-5BA8-4C73-BB29-A7DB49D02B03.jpeg

On the final climb he looked sooo smooth so strong, deserved every Km he worked for

On 8/10/2021 at 6:14 PM, Mountain Bru said:

Seems the teams aren't all confirmed, but it's definitely time for some wild hot takes even though I haven't looked at the parkour........

Rogla dominates the Vuelta.....

We spend 3 weeks wondering what would have happened if Rogla didn't crash 73 times at the tour....

Ineos fight to have a man on the podium again but aren't able to match Rogla...... (maybe even finish 2nd and 3rd)

Pidcock is kept on a leash riding for Bernal & Yates.... (#freepidcock trends on twitter)

Jakobson wins a stage and everyone cries big man tears..... 

Ewan doesn't finish.....

Landa fights to stay on the podium in the final TT....

Breakaway cohesion is non-existent. 30km solo attacks from the break win stages...

Matthews comes 2nd on at least one stage....

Rim brakes will win a mountain top finish, proving nothing, but will be discussed anyway....

Padun wins a stage.... Conspiracies fly about why he wasn't at the tour.... 

1 down, many more predictions to be confirmed 

Edited by Mountain Bru