Tom Pidcock Breaks Collarbone In Training Crash

OVERDRIVE

2 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

... can't save you when sh!t hits the fan. Could have been anything that caused it. Dog in the road even...

Just **** stirring with the pidcock fanbois. Don't mind me.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember a story from the cape epic a few years back where a big rugby player broke his clavicle on a morning training ride went in for the op and was back on the bike the following day.

Could tom not do the same and then have the hardware removed after the Olympics?

24 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

I remember a story from the cape epic a few years back where a big rugby player broke his clavicle on a morning training ride went in for the op and was back on the bike the following day.

Could tom not do the same and then have the hardware removed after the Olympics?

it all depends very much on the fracture. clean breaks and comminuted fractures requiring a plate are not strong enough for up to 4 weeks to carry load. In this time you lose muscle mass in the shoulder. 

Simple fractures are able to bear load much sooner.

Have a read through this: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/bmri/2019/7081032/fig1/

Since I upgraded my Real Cyclist membership status to life time member last year I did a it of research and based my recovery plan on the type of fracture I had Type 2B2 Isolated Comminuted Fracture

2 hours ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

Investigator... "So Mr vd Poel, could you please confirm your exact whereabouts when this accident took place?"

Or maybe this guyspacer.png

1 hour ago, BaGearA said:

Based on my experience ( 2 collarbone ops) this is impossible. 

There is however a confirmed story about the ex Springbok wing Jannie Engelbrecht who broke his collarbone during the second half of a Currie cup final and was then forced to stay on the field by his captain ( no substitutes allowed back in those days). According to Engelbrecht the pain was severe and he was therefore determined not to be tackled again. As a result he ran twice round the opposition to score and his team (WP) won the final. I have no idea how he managed to catch the passes 

Personally I did 2 collarbones and it took me about 4-5 weeks after the ops before i was fairly comfortable to ride on the road again ( I did not lose much fitness though as I was back on the trainer very soon after the ops). 

Ive done one clavicle naturally and was back on the bike in 9 weeks , no issues it just clicks audibly every now and then 

It is a pity that Pidcock will miss the Tour de Suisse next week. It would have been very interesting too see how he would perform at especially  the mountain stages and time trials at World Tour level.

Not a fan of Pidcock :)

Also, could you please use normal caps for the thread heading...its hurting my eyes.

TP the investment on PCG

image.png.6a08de9114b6bde3d9d3771c8f6635d3.png

Price tanked on the news, i was asleep at the wheel yesterday(it happened monday, insider trading?).

surprisingly 70% of the people who own him have still kept him, and 10 weird guys bought him

2 hours ago, Jakkals. said:

Not a fan of Pidcock :)

Also, could you please use normal caps for the thread heading...its hurting my eyes.

yet you care enough to comment here.

9 hours ago, Shebeen said:

TP the investment on PCG

image.png.6a08de9114b6bde3d9d3771c8f6635d3.png

Price tanked on the news, i was asleep at the wheel yesterday(it happened monday, insider trading?).

surprisingly 70% of the people who own him have still kept him, and 10 weird guys bought him

yet you care enough to comment here.

wait wait what ? Is this A joke or legit