Introducing Specialized Paarl - A new benchmark as a destination store

Bike Hub Features

2 hours ago, SwissVan said:

Out of interest can you share what the query was?

The Spez website indicated an Epic Evo in stock at the dealership. Went to their site and saw they had a dedicated online query system. Filled in all my details and was given the indication they would be in touch ASAP. ????‍♂️

Similar story with Spez Tygervalley. Needed a helmet on one occasion, they didn't have my size so said would order and call me back. Still waiting for the call...

Same story with MTB shoes - no call-back received. Needless to say, I don't have a Spez helmet or shoes. And am extremely unlikely to buy from a Spez shop in future. 

So some basic advice to the new shop: Follow up on orders and requests. Sure not all will convert to a sale but if you let a few slide, you will lose customers. 

41 minutes ago, Tomik said:

Similar story with Spez Tygervalley. Needed a helmet on one occasion, they didn't have my size so said would order and call me back. Still waiting for the call...

Same story with MTB shoes - no call-back received. Needless to say, I don't have a Spez helmet or shoes. And am extremely unlikely to buy from a Spez shop in future. 

So some basic advice to the new shop: Follow up on orders and requests. Sure not all will convert to a sale but if you let a few slide, you will lose customers. 

Same old story... what the service provider seems to miss is that what seems to be the smallest thing is actually a big deal for the customer. Dropping the customer when they are trying to solve their monumental crisis is actually a big deal for the customer. Look after the customer's small things and the customers will look after the service provider when it comes to buying big things.

Oddly, at some point in their life, the service provider IS actually a customer. Don't they get annoyed by poor service? Can't they relate that back to their own customers? People tend to vote with feet and wallets and for service providers, that is a painful lesson to learn

I've become annoyed many times at different retailers for not responding to queries sent in from their own websites, but recently experienced an issue from the other side of the fence.

We also have an online query log page, this is managed by an external company, and I imagine most retailers also have theirs outsourced. We were concerned though that we were no longer getting as many queries as we used to and then did some testing and found out the system was not working 100%.

So whilst I'm not resolving the retailers completely as I still think along with the query form they should supply an email address and/or phone number (both of which should be manned internally), it is possible that they have been experiencing similar issues with their systems.

Morning Gents / Ladies 

Sincere apologies for the late reply , I'm not much of a hubber and guess that makes the comments look even worse . 

I was told about the comments re not getting a response from our team and have taken a look . Totally unacceptable and def not what we want happening as a new store . 

there are absolutely no excuses and all we can do is sincerely apologize and get it fixed . 

What i can say is that it was not intentional at all . As many know we have the Paarl Adventure Trails , events and many other products in the group and have tried to build a great name through the quality and service we give . Specialized Paarl is no different . 

The enquiries system was designed to receive enquiries, and allow the team to respond fast . this has obviously not always been happening and we will address this immediately . 

sorry okes . given us a kick up the ass and we will do better going forward  

Darren

No worries Darren. Just trying to make a point. I'm sure you're also miffed at losing out on a sale. For me, and I am sure many others out there, online communication is where it is at. If you have the systems, but they aren't being used properly, then you are just upsetting the potential customers who wish to make use of them. I dealt with two other Specialized dealers whilst looking for a bike, one solely via Facebook messenger and the other via WhatsApp after a web enquiry. Both were super efficient and would have had the sale if they had stock.

1 hour ago, Paarl Adventure Trails said:

Morning Gents / Ladies 

Sincere apologies for the late reply , I'm not much of a hubber and guess that makes the comments look even worse . 

I was told about the comments re not getting a response from our team and have taken a look . Totally unacceptable and def not what we want happening as a new store . 

there are absolutely no excuses and all we can do is sincerely apologize and get it fixed . 

What i can say is that it was not intentional at all . As many know we have the Paarl Adventure Trails , events and many other products in the group and have tried to build a great name through the quality and service we give . Specialized Paarl is no different . 

The enquiries system was designed to receive enquiries, and allow the team to respond fast . this has obviously not always been happening and we will address this immediately . 

Darren

Respect for putting your hand up :thumbup:

4 hours ago, thebob said:

The Spez website indicated an Epic Evo in stock at the dealership. Went to their site and saw they had a dedicated online query system. Filled in all my details and was given the indication they would be in touch ASAP. ????‍♂️

Sounds like shocking service indeed.

This is exactly why I’m I’m not a fan of ordering or requesting stuff like this online, I prefer to look at someone eye to eye and to go back to them if something does not go to plan.

I’ve bought several Specialized bikes (including an EVO ????)and various other accessories from local Spez dealers this way, while there are sometimes still things that niggle me the service has generally been good.

Enjoy your Scott ????

2 hours ago, Paarl Adventure Trails said:

Morning Gents / Ladies 

Darren

This is class on its own, well done to you!

Edited by Danger Dassie

23 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

This is class on its own, well done to you!

Different class would be to say, here’s my email address and I’ll follow up on any outstanding issues / communication. You still have to chat to the bots.

Service at complete cyclist bedfordview wasn’t that good either. Face to face, if you aren’t there to buy a bike, guys aren’t that keen to help..

Not sure how that would help. OP has bought another bike, there's nothing further to resolve.

Darren has apologised and made assurances they will do better in future.

I have dealt with hero trails over social media and visited the store in person. On each occasion their service has been stellar.

Everyone gets it wrong from time to time, hopefully they won't let other potential customers slip through in future.

19 hours ago, Sampaj said:

Different class would be to say, here’s my email address and I’ll follow up on any outstanding issues / communication. You still have to chat to the bots.

Service at complete cyclist bedfordview wasn’t that good either. Face to face, if you aren’t there to buy a bike, guys aren’t that keen to help..

Perhaps send them a message instead hashing it out to me?

19 hours ago, Sampaj said:

Mmm... I must say, I've bought a number of pairs of cycling shoes from Bedfordview over the years and Neal is very helpful.  Most of it starts with a F2F conversation.  They always delivered to my expectation.