Rogue Riders in Newlands Forest... :(

TPbike

Hi All, picked this up on our Community Forum. Hopefully this stops, it is becoming a problem in the Forest. Slight edit..

"Hi all. There is a guy who keeps riding his mountain bike "off trail" in newlands forest. I have asked him politely more than once not to and he has sworn at me and thrown me the finger more than once. Saw him again this morning (Thu 3 June) at about 7.45 exiting into newlands neighborhood. He was wearing sky blue riding kit. If anybody has cameras within newlands neighborhood please can you check if he passed your camera between 7.40 and 7.55 this morning? It really annoys me as I also cycle in the forest (on the marked trails) and rogue riders put that privilege at risk for all of us. Please check your cameras for a single mtb rider in sky blue kit in and around newlands neighborhood this morning 7.40 to 7.55 / share with other groups in Newlands to check their cameras. Fair chance we can identify and report him. If this whatsapp goes wide enough and reaches that rogue rider: You know who you are - stop being an xxxx- I am going to catch you eventually..."

Hopefully he sees this.

Good luck! 

It's amazing how there is always one or two tw*ts who try and ruin the experience for the rest of us!

Check on strava if you premium membership. You should be able to see who all are riding the closed sections.

1 minute ago, Eddy Gordo said:

Check on strava if you premium membership. You should be able to see who all are riding the closed sections.

if their activities or profile are not set to private

2 minutes ago, ouzo said:

if their activities or profile are not set to private

true, i dont have premium, but managed to see i think 2 or 3 riders riding regularly the burnt sections.

Amazing, I went for a run around the common just after 6. My friend points out "is that a star? why is it so bright?" Low and behold I think there was at least 10 lights descending below the blockhouse towards newlands. 

10 hours ago, Eddy Gordo said:

Amazing, I went for a run around the common just after 6. My friend points out "is that a star? why is it so bright?" Low and behold I think there was at least 10 lights descending below the blockhouse towards newlands. 

Watch out for a grumpy looking old fart walking with a very energetic black labrador, it may or may not be me????

2 hours ago, DJR said:

Watch out for a grumpy looking old fart walking with a very energetic black labrador, it may or may not be me????

Around the common? Will make sure to say Hi, I may or may not be on a longboard.

48 minutes ago, Eddy Gordo said:

Around the common? Will make sure to say Hi, I may or may not be on a longboard.

Yes, I walk and train my young labbie there.

31 minutes ago, DJR said:

Yes, I walk and train my young labbie there.

1 hour ago, Eddy Gordo said:

can you common walkers just pipe down when you walk early morning please. jeez you lot can make a racket. I already have to put up with idiots in BMW's screaming up and down Campground road at night and then there's the early morning walkers as well....

7 minutes ago, MTBeer said:

can you common walkers just pipe down when you walk early morning please. jeez you lot can make a racket. I already have to put up with idiots in BMW's screaming up and down Campground road at night and then there's the early morning walkers as well....

Yeah, they are common. I am not, I avoid those masses, and only visit the common in winter months and after dusk.