Egan Bernal Tests Positive For Covid

OVERDRIVE

Flip. 

It is hopefully a good sign that they have not reacted too much seriously to the infection. 

Vuelta is also a long time off, so he can recover properly before feeling the need to increase the preparation once more. 

Well being a 24 year old locked in a hotel room with your girlfriend (both with minor symptoms) doesn’t sound too bad to me. Especially with his hectic lifestyle, and after just winning the giro.

Pretty sure he will be seeing the bright side of this.

1 hour ago, Vetplant said:

Flip. 

It is hopefully a good sign that they have not reacted too much seriously to the infection. 

Vuelta is also a long time off, so he can recover properly before feeling the need to increase the preparation once more. 

Sagan took a while to get up to pace. Hope he gets fit soon...

Hopefully he caught it after leaving the giro bubble and the rest of Ineos and the giro riders did not catch it.

The TDF just lost an interesting dual between EB and Roglic n co

2 hours ago, SwissVan said:

The TDF just lost an interesting dual between EB and Roglic n co

How so? Bernal was never going to ride the Tour anyway.

On 6/4/2021 at 6:09 PM, OVERDRIVE said:

That's a clickbait title of note!

Very likely he would have had it in the bubble then, and since they all get tested so much I wonder if we hear all the +ve covid tests or a few getting swept under the carpet to keep the circus rolling.

Also, slightly surprising to see him not at Tokyo - there's a month between that and the Vuelta, and with a hilly course and TdF the week before he might not get a better slot at Gold. Colombia with 5 riders can pack a proper squad here

9 hours ago, Shebeen said:

That's a clickbait title of note!

Very likely he would have had it in the bubble then, and since they all get tested so much I wonder if we hear all the +ve covid tests or a few getting swept under the carpet to keep the circus rolling.

Also, slightly surprising to see him not at Tokyo - there's a month between that and the Vuelta, and with a hilly course and TdF the week before he might not get a better slot at Gold. Colombia with 5 riders can pack a proper squad here

you make real good points though. 

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

When you look at his decline in performance in the last week at giro, you wonder if he had contracted then already 

Thought exactly the same thing, which would also explain why is recovery from Covid seems a little quicker than normal...