Dodge Seller: Henrico Jacobs

CdT85

Hi guys and girls

Just a heads up about a dodgy seller in the classifieds, Henrico Jacobs. ( I cant remember his bikehub nikname, stupid me cleared my inbox)

About a month ago i bough a Fox DPS rear shock off him, advertised as a 200x57.

Upon receiving it, I found out it was a 190x50. We spoke, he promised to rectify the issue and produced another Fox DPS, this time 200x57.

I met up with him, swopped the 190 for the 200 and went on my merry way, believing the issues was resolved.

Fast forward to last night. I finally fitted the shock to my bike with the hope of setting it up for my ride this morning.

While setting the sag in my driveway, I heard the shock clunking on full extension. And decided to deflate the shock and reinflate it, cycling the suspension ever so often to equilize the positive and negative chambers in case that was the issue. (Also found that he rebound dail is also on the frits, no positive detent clicks)

On the first compress I saw that I didn't get full travel. I only got 50mm in stead of 57mm. Tried cycling it a few more time, but to no avail, no more than 50mm travel.

I refitted my cane creek and went riding today. When i got home i opened the aircan and found that the damper's stanchion is warn and that the top out stopper was removed in order to extend the 190x50 shock to 200mm.

I contacted Henrico, but he is igoring my messages. So school fees paid and have a new paperweight for my desk.

Be careful when dealing with this bloke.

Henrico Jacobs

Cell number:076 330 5100

20210605_125635.jpg

Edited by CdT85

I cant remember his bikehub handle. Unless admin can go back on my chat history

58 minutes ago, Eddy Gordo said:

Damn, That Sucks buddy. Thought you were gonna get the DVO

They never replied my emails when I enquired about stock, went for the "second best" option. Fuming about this

8 hours ago, CdT85 said:

Hi guys and girls

Just a heads up about a dodgy seller in the classifieds, Henrico Jacobs. ( I cant remember his bikehub nikname, stupid me cleared my inbox)

About a month ago i bough a Fox DPS rear shock off him, advertised as a 200x57.

Upon receiving it, I found out it was a 190x50. We spoke, he promised to rectify the issue and produced another Fox DPS, this time 200x57.

I met up with him, swopped the 190 for the 200 and went on my merry way, believing the issues was resolved.

Fast forward to last night. I finally fitted the shock to my bike with the hope of setting it up for my ride this morning.

While setting the sag in my driveway, I heard the shock clunking on full extension. And decided to deflate the shock and reinflate it, cycling the suspension ever so often to equilize the positive and negative chambers in case that was the issue. (Also found that he rebound dail is also on the frits, no positive detent clicks)

On the first compress I saw that I didn't get full travel. I only got 50mm in stead of 57mm. Tried cycling it a few more time, but to no avail, no more than 50mm travel.

I refitted my cane creek and went riding today. When i got home i opened the aircan and found that the damper's stanchion is warn and that the top out stopper was removed in order to extend the 190x50 shock to 200mm.

I contacted Henrico, but he is igoring my messages. So school fees paid and have a new paperweight for my desk.

Be careful when dealing with this bloke.

Henrico Jacobs

Cell number:076 330 5100

20210605_125635.jpg

Sorry to hear, and rate him mentioning the experience or the kind of seller he is for the safely of other buyers

59 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Who was selling the DVO ... I may know someone ....

It was bike addict that had one at a good price.

Was looking to replace my cane creek dbair IL.

the rebuilds are getting exponentially more expensive, and Isiko sports moved from the Strand to the othet side of the country, so adding courier cost to service cost makes it even more expensive