Jump to content

Hope Pro 4 ratchet ring removal


Gregc
 Share

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know if such a tool is available . DT Swiss have a tool but can’t find anything for a Hope hub. I broke a pawl spring and it damaged the ratchet ring. The hub is more than 2 years old so out of warranty .

The free hub no longer engages on the forward pedal stroke 
 

Last resort would be a hub replacement 😳

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it unusable?

 

I've never heard of someone removing the ring , doesn't influence bearing removal and they're so reliable that they never wear out.

 

Post some pics ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Is it unusable?

 

I've never heard of someone removing the ring , doesn't influence bearing removal and they're so reliable that they never wear out.

 

Post some pics ?

Yes . I will post some. Also though Hope was bullet proof. 8900 km on hub 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

There is a guy in the cape that upgrades Kickrs that has a tool that removes the ring, its basically a hardened star tool, Google Kickr  upgrade, you will find him on Facebook. I have a ratchet ring I had made for the kickr, basically 26mm with 1mm pitch

Edited by Dexter-morgan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

My ratchet ring came loose all on its own after LBS replaced wheel and freehub bearings and didn't instal properly which made for a long walk....although that's a Novatec hub. I'll forgive them as I've done something similar and they are Joburgs #1 LBS.

Edited by love2fly
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Dexter-morgan said:

There is a guy in the cape that upgrades Kickrs that has a tool that removes the ring, its basically a hardened star tool, Google Kickr  upgrade, you will find him on Facebook. I have a ratchet ring I had made for the kickr, basically 26mm with 1mm pitch

what does the trainer have to do with his hub being damaged ? that trainer mos has its own freewheel that interfaces with a cassette ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, BaGearA said:

what does the trainer have to do with his hub being damaged ? that trainer mos has its own freewheel that interfaces with a cassette ?

When I upgraded the old "noisy" type to the silent type, you have to exchange the Free-hub outer that sits in the Flywheel, that little ratchet thingy looks the same as the DT-Swiss units.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Gregc said:

Yes . I will post some. Also though Hope was bullet proof. 8900 km on hub 

 

1661FD7F-010A-4E5B-AAF4-B0FC73B1CC83.jpeg

043AFB28-812C-4CBD-8E30-BFCE8A40B26F.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

My Profile My Forum Content My Followed Content Forum Settings Ad Messages My Ads My Favourites My Saved Alerts My Pay Deals Settings Help Logout