Coil on Scot Spark 9 series

Hi Guys,

Wife has a fully upgraded spark. Only thing left is the suspension. Question is...

Can a spark take a coil?

I have found an Ohlins TTX22M in 165x45 Trunnion

Looking forward to your feedback.

Regards

W

3 hours ago, Warren Lawrence said:

Hi Guys,

Wife has a fully upgraded spark. Only thing left is the suspension. Question is...

Can a spark take a coil?

I have found an Ohlins TTX22M in 165x45 Trunnion

Looking forward to your feedback.

Regards

W

Might not be a good idea. 

Rear shocks are tuned to each bike. The compression and rebound tunes will be adapted to the bike that Ohlins came from. It may be adaptable to the spark, but I just won't bother. 

Sparks are lightweight race bikes, and have well sorted rear shocks throughout the range.  What bike is it and what shock is on it?

The coil will add weight and very little performance advantage. 

I was going to start on about linear response and suspension curve etc but in reality, if the shock fits, it will work.

Will it be an 'upgrade'? I doubt it. The Spark most likely needs some support at the top end of the stroke.

Will it be rad to have a short travel coil suspension platform? In the realm of unnecessary swag, probably.

IMHO it would be the biggest gimmick and change for change sake, but sometimes what we want is what we want.

The Fox nude on the Spark suits it perfectly. Once the air pressure is correct and the rebound dialed it needs nothing else. The added feature of the Twinloc is also a plus (depending on how you look at it). What reason do you have for the coil or your wife wanting it?

Just now, Warren Lawrence said:

Thank you for all your advice guys. Looks like a newer longer travel bike is in order. Thanks!

Plus one for a Pyga Hyrax or Slakline!! 

Goodluck on your searches!