Flying with Qatar

Hi all,

I will be flying to the US with Qatar. I have a Scicon aerocomfort road bike bag. Will this be accepted with Qatar? Is it necessary to turn the handlebars around or can I put my bike in as is with handlebars in place in the Scicon bag?

Thanks!

As long as it fits in your luggage allowance and weight limit they “should” be okay.  The dimensions are usually the issue but i have yet to see them pull out a measuring tape. Flew Singapore to Cape Town last week without a problem using an evoc bag. They didn’t check the bars, just asked if the tires had been deflated. 

You will run into trouble in the US if you have any local flights with US carriers. I have been nailed a few times and yes they WILL pull out the tape measure :( normally around $200 per flight

33 minutes ago, Andreas_187 said:

Everything you need to know will be stated very clearly on the Qatar Airways website. It is no point telling the baggage checker that someone on bikhub had a cousin who knew somebody who flew with Qatar and said it was ok

That cousin probably works on an oil rig somewhere?

Seriously though, excuse my earlier sarcastic post. Go onto Qater Airways website and you will find the exact dimensions allowed and all other regulations regarding weight etc.