Scam alert - Daniel Mulett

soslow

Hi all.

Just a heads up. I was enquiring on a garmin fenix 5s plus i saw advertised on bikehub.

The seller called me and dropped the price considerably without me even asking him to, he also offered to courier it to me for free.

He requested i pay via cash send. When i requested to pay via hubpay, he said he does not know what that is and was insistent on the cash send option.

He called me back and said his wife said i could pay half now and half when i receive the article. 

I have reported the activity to the powers that be and they have removed and blocked the advert.

I cant imagine how much money they are earning with these scams.

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/profile/166262

This guy was using my picture on his Hub profile as well as on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Looks like he farmed them off my wife's facebook account.

Thankfully the hub deletes these profiles. Facebook etc. can see no suspicious activity on his account and they're refusing to take action. I've got his phone number too, but that is clearly no help. Any suggestions?

29 minutes ago, 100Tours said:

This guy was using my picture on his Hub profile as well as on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Looks like he farmed them off my wife's facebook account.

Thankfully the hub deletes these profiles. Facebook etc. can see no suspicious activity on his account and they're refusing to take action. I've got his phone number too, but that is clearly no help. Any suggestions?

Any discount on your bike rack?

Screenshot_20210608-154341.jpg

Came across his fake Facebook profile today, link below:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100068877624562

He also has a fake Instagram and Twitter profile set up:

https://twitter.com/DanielMullet_DM

https://instagram.com/mullet_daniel

He uses the following number on whatsapp: 0791644902

Iv posted a warning on Facebook on Secondhand Cycles SA as well as on our whatsapp cycling classifieds group

45 minutes ago, 100Tours said:

Report the profile as pretending to be you, thats the fastest resolution

1 hour ago, ACE Cycles said:

Report the profile as pretending to be you, thats the fastest resolution

I have discovered that if you want to use someone else's pictures on Facebook or Instagram that this does not violate their terms of service. I have reported his profiles - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram have all come back to say he is allowed to do it. Would be different if he was using my name.

Edited by 100Tours

17 minutes ago, 100Tours said:

I have discovered that if you want to use someone else's pictures on Facebook or Instagram that this does not violate their terms of service. I have reported his profiles - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram have all come back to say he is allowed to do it. Would be different if he was using my name.

I find this very concerning. 

34 minutes ago, 100Tours said:

I have reported many accounts pretending to be Onlyfans of some of my friends... So you can report an account for pretending to be someone else. I am going to pretend these are scammers...