• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Matt said:

• No politics
  •  
  • No current affairs
  •  

Does that mean no more danger areas and stolen bike threads as they a result of the political mess?

Crime also falls under current affairs.

12 hours ago, MORNE said:

religion in my case. F1 has been my Sunday ritual since 1994 haha

Yoh I made that mistake once. At work I said F1 is a religion in my house and a very religious dude came down on me like a ton of bricks. I had apparently insulted him, his church etc etc.

Just now, gummibear said:

Does that mean no more danger areas and stolen bike threads as they a result of the political mess?

Crime also falls under current affairs.

some very grey areas in those broad topics

So hang on.

Are people really going to spend less time on a bike website if they can't discuss Religion, Politics and Corona?

I mean, on a serious note, if you are here to discuss those 3 topics and not much else, will BikeHub actually miss you when you are gone? 

Asking for a friend....

7 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Hard work? We’re talking off topic threads only, not the whole forum.

I have offered, more than once; if it helps spread the load of one or two people.

If the admin team and moderators do not have the time to spend policing off topics, I doubt they have the time to read and vet every new post on off topic.

You appear to be missing the point. Admin wants less non-cycling related (NCR) threads, so if you make it harder to start a new NCR topic, then half the struggle is won.

If something that is perceived to be political, religious, current affairs, etc., admin and mods still need to stop it and issue warnings. To me, that will require more effort; stop it before it starts.

29 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

So hang on.

Are people really going to spend less time on a bike website if they can't discuss Religion, Politics and Corona?

I mean, on a serious note, if you are here to discuss those 3 topics and not much else, will BikeHub actually miss you when you are gone? 

Asking for a friend....

I don't contribute often, but like to follow different threads and understand peoples point of view and learn from them. Not only the the off topic ones though. I enjoyed your write up of your recent race tremendously and really admired your grid and determination for example. That being said, just not having to read through everything on the topics mentioned will reduce my time on here significantly.

Although, to answer your question, BikeHub will actually not miss me when I'm gone - I can't even sell to Rouxtjie yet (although I've had many successful transactions on here).

Ai, and here I am spending too much time on a non-cycling related thread... 

3 minutes ago, HOEKVLAG said:

I don't contribute often, but like to follow different threads and understand peoples point of view and learn from them. Not only the the off topic ones though. I enjoyed your write up of your recent race tremendously and really admired your grid and determination for example. That being said, just not having to read through everything on the topics mentioned will reduce my time on here significantly.

Although, to answer your question, BikeHub will actually not miss me when I'm gone - I can't even sell to Rouxtjie yet (although I've had many successful transactions on here).

Ai, and here I am spending too much time on a non-cycling related thread... 

Thank you. It was an amazing experience running 200 miles!

The thing is, those 3 topics don't actually account for many threads. They aren't throwing the baby out with the bathwater. 

People are making this into a way bigger thing than it is. 

40 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

So hang on.

Asking for a friend....

Before they moderate and ban me, I want a last word.

Corona is a k@k beer and is a complete waste of money.

There, I have it off my chest.

Who needs religion, politics or current affairs threads to moan on when you have this thread where can you can moan about not being able to moan about them... 

Waiting for the “well technically it’s cycling related cause I pray half way up the mast”... children to start.

Edited by Patchelicious