Announcement: Changes to non-cycling discussion on Bike Hub

Matt

Just get all bootleggerish about it. (No Brenda, not your 'totes fave double shot mocha skinny flatt white decaf' shop)

Create a thread called 'How to change a tube' or something else that's innocent, and go have police arguments there. 

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Nick said:

All done.

Has the sky fallen on anyone's head yet?

Jokes aside. If you spot any problems, please let me know.

What happened to the ladies and bikes thread ????

41 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

yes and yes.

I guess there will be navigation gaps finding things. for now can just search i suppose.

also, this is a way to limit the chit chat volume, cut it off at source (instant increase in mod applications)!!

image.png.5fa00a51e80cbfc17bcbddcda2d0a80c.png

Seems my one suggestion was heard, to have a moderator approve new topics before it gets posted, but not the one where I would volunteer to be a moderator (if needed) due to possible high volume of workload.

@Matt@Nick
My offer still stands, to assist with moderator work (if required).

11 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Seems my one suggestion was heard, to have a moderator approve new topics before it gets posted, but not the one where I would volunteer to be a moderator (if needed) due to possible high volume of workload.

@Matt@Nick
My offer still stands, to assist with moderator work (if required).

Thanks for the offer, Frosty. We'll keep you in consideration should we seek assistance. 

While there is significant activity in the Off Topic section, it is largely related to existing discussions. The rate of new topic creation isn't too high. We may also relax this requirement at a later stage.

Lol...if you wondered what My BB is like...(cycling related...!)

why-are-road-cyclists-so-angry-stupid.11

Edited by Mojoman

@Matt @Nick

Clicking on a topic no longer takes me to the last unread post like it did before you culled the off topic stuff

edit

Never mind, the problem appears to have been a setting change for the content behavior, I'd just changed it back to latest comment.

Edited by ouzo

1 minute ago, ouzo said:

@Matt @Nick

Clicking on a topic no longer takes me to the last unread post like it did before you culled the off topic stuff

Please check to see if your content viewing setting perhaps changed: https://forum.bikehub.co.za/settings/links/

Screenshot 2021-06-21 at 14.56.16.png

If that isn't the problem, where on the site are you clicking from? We made changes to the homepage Discussion box.

5 minutes ago, Nick said:

Please check to see if your content viewing setting perhaps changed: https://forum.bikehub.co.za/settings/links/

Screenshot 2021-06-21 at 14.56.16.png

If that isn't the problem, where on the site are you clicking from? We made changes to the homepage Discussion box.

I assume its the home page for forums

I then middle click with mouse on subject (same as control clicking) to open in new window

image.png.981c1dc59abfd5344cb1f9cf97c5cfad.png

content behavior settings. I've put it back to unread to see if it perhaps resets itself

image.png.84748c20481bf8a73492f38a2210a343.png

3 minutes ago, ouzo said:

I then middle click with mouse on subject (same as control clicking) to open in new window

content behavior settings. I've put it back to unread to see if it perhaps resets itself

faaark yes, just learn't about middle click.

7 minutes ago, ouzo said:

Thanks for the detailed feedback. 

Please let me know whether the new setting does the trick. It's odd that it change. ????

1 hour ago, Eldron said:

The covid thread is gone.

I'm rather relieved. Those are 4,000,000 hours I'll never get back ????????

Was just looking for the gogga thread. Had a post to drop in there. ????

29 minutes ago, Nick said:

Thanks for the detailed feedback. 

Please let me know whether the new setting does the trick. It's odd that it change. ????

seems to be back to normal now. perhaps a glitch in the matrix :)

edit

@Nick Its working on threads I've visited today, but anything from before today it seems to revert to another spot in the thread. I'm starting to think its cookie related as those are threads I last visited from my phone or laptop at home.

Edited by ouzo

1 hour ago, Patchelicious said:

Just leave this here....

spacer.png

Where did you get that pic of my office?

52 minutes ago, MTBeer said:

faaark yes, just learn't about middle click.

????I suspect we have a time traveler from the past in our midst people. ????

Everybody keep an eye on this one...