Announcement: Changes to non-cycling discussion on Bike Hub

Matt

1 hour ago, Patchelicious said:

Challenge accepted!

look at his screenshot above ...he has 40 notifications next to the little triangle thingie.....I am guessing those are 40 actions needing moderation of some sort.....

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, ouzo said:

@Matt @Nick

Clicking on a topic no longer takes me to the last unread post like it did before you culled the off topic stuff

edit

Never mind, the problem appears to have been a setting change for the content behavior, I'd just changed it back to latest comment.

I experienced the same problem in the Where has your bike taken you thread.
Shows me last unread was 11 May when it’s the thread I visit almost daily.

Must be ‘Dale’s way of getting my to view all his pics again for the last month and a bit.

FB6227ED-FFA7-471B-B8E4-99A6719CC2B6.jpeg

I am sorry to see the Covid threads gone. On the balance I think it served an important informational purpose and who knows, it possibly even saved a few lives in the process? But I do understand that the moderators were kept way too busy to police things that were not cycling related. 

19 minutes ago, DJR said:

I am sorry to see the Covid threads gone. On the balance I think it served an important informational purpose and who knows, it possibly even saved a few lives in the process? But I do understand that the moderators were kept way too busy to police things that were not cycling related. 

I agree, the covid thread while snarky at times, was very very informative.

32 minutes ago, DJR said:

I have to agree with you, BH is a business at the end of the day and they need to do what is best for business and I understand the rationale about other threads, politics and religion etc. etc.  However the Covid thread was very informative and most useful. 

After 5(?) years of checking in here every now and then / couple hours, there really is now nothing to read! haha

Old habits will take some time to change...

40 minutes ago, DJR said:

4x4 Forum has some decent threads on the subject with some added bonus River Rat content.

8 minutes ago, marko35s said:

4x4 Forum has some decent threads on the subject with some added bonus River Rat content.

but then you have to be on yet another forum and again learn who to trust and who to ignore, I already spend way to much time on this forum, I dont want another one.

17 minutes ago, marko35s said:

Hear hear, I am also spending more and more time on the 4x4 side of things. Coming here less often....

31 minutes ago, DJR said:

well i suppose we could always start a "how is Procycling affected by covid19" thread and take it general.

Jokes aside, it looks like there's a dedicated and active subforum for it at mybb

coronavirus-covid-19-discussions.317

I think between the Middle East thread and some of the latter comments on Breaking News, people along the lines of literally saying they have a good laugh about someone getting shot in the face. 
Well, little wonder BikeHub need to take action and I can understand the heavy handed action. People need to be responsible for what they say.

Still, it needs to be balanced. You cant put the genie back in the bottle by deleting entire threads of info. Lock them and/or move them if need be and take action on specific accounts that may fall foul. 
Yes Media24 disable article comments, that is however a different context entirely and doesn't really have bearing on a forum based platform. Unless the group buy out BH ;) 

20 hours ago, ouzo said:

seems to be back to normal now. perhaps a glitch in the matrix :)

edit

@Nick Its working on threads I've visited today, but anything from before today it seems to revert to another spot in the thread. I'm starting to think its cookie related as those are threads I last visited from my phone or laptop at home.

I was also being sent to "last unread post" that was a few days ago. I had definitely read them as I was seeing posts I had liked or my own post as "unread". I have only visited from my desktop at work.