Cervelo release Lamborghini R5, for R345,763.63 before VAT and shipping

OVERDRIVE

19 minutes ago, Underachiever said:

Madness!!!

IF, IF, IF, this Lambo bike was linked to some exclusive Italian bike brand that stirs the emotion, I could half understand the price, backed with a really, really compelling marketing strat...

BUT this is weak!!!!!!! It a Cervelo FFS!!!!!!  ZERO passion!!!!!

It's like "rebranding" a Tata to a Jaguar....wait, bad example... Rebranding a VW to a Lambo...another baddy...

Ah... like rebranding Swatch to an Omega....sh!t...

The wonderful world of marketing, and people with too much money.....

You're not wrong. Why would they choose a Canadian bike? There are some stunning Italians which would wear a verde mantis suit so well. Wilier, De Rosa, Cinelli, (the 3 big ones can prob take a break.)

and then 3T can be the Urus..

3 hours ago, Chris_ said:

You're not wrong. Why would they choose a Canadian bike? There are some stunning Italians which would wear a verde mantis suit so well. Wilier, De Rosa, Cinelli, (the 3 big ones can prob take a break.)

and then 3T can be the Urus..

Imagine Cinelli!!!!

Saw an Urus with a Yummy Mummy behind the wheel at the entrance gate of our estate last week...  Urus idling...  

Wet spot stuff....

I got lambasted the other day by hinting at how crazy prices are. All this does is bloat a already way over inflated market. 

10 minutes ago, MORNE1102 said:

I got lambasted the other day by hinting at how crazy prices are. All this does is bloat a already way over inflated market. 

Correction. You got teased for suggesting that the second hand prices are killing cycling. Most will agree that prices are very high, especially on the high end side of the market. Nobody here is whinging that that the Urus prices are killing the SUV markets. 

19 hours ago, RABUBI said:

imagine Zuma having to announce the price

Hahahahaha that made me laugh proper; thanks for that dude 

On 6/9/2021 at 10:30 AM, Long Wheel Base said:

So it's just a normal R5 with a "fancy" paintjob(not to my taste) and then the mooi mooi campy and a serious price tag?

Spez mos teamed up with McLaren a few years back and  did a tarmac with the McLaren logo and a different paint job but I don't think the price tag was as high.

As soon as aliexpress sees this there will be 63 of them on the start line in each group at CTCT in October.

I'm expecting to see atleast 3 ontop of Chappies this weekend, Even those with different colourways, which will include those lovely wheels but on Novatec hubs and Centaur groupset, Frame bought separately ofcourse.

21 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

I'll wait for someone to sell one on Bikehub for less than 100k, "ridden once, brand new, Mint condition, Too small, ordered wrong size, Too expensive to ship back, Selling to make some money back"

selling because I sold my Lambo