where will you go for NCR discussions now?

Shebeen

to talk about stuff on the internet  

28 members have voted

1. 1. with the NCR muted, where will you go educate and debate issues

• twitter
    • facebook
    • https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/
    • https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/
    • instagram
    • other1 - carbonite.co.za
    • other2 - pinkbike
    • other3 - NOWHERE - won't miss NCR
    • other4 - reddit
    • other5

The move to throttle anything not cycling related has been taken. While this was obviously due to the bad elements of this, it's obvious that there are many positive sides to engaging on such threads. I for one will miss this part of the bikehub experience, as I have learnt plenty from knowledgeable people here, so this is a genuine query.

Where will you be pointing your browser to in the future? I can't think of others off hand,  but can add to them if you book it in your reply and I will update the poll in due course.

ie. Other1 = theforumsa.co.za

Edited by Shebeen

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Mojoman said:

There is also Carbonite....Gunsite...

ok never heard of it.

not sure how large the overlap with cyclists and guns/gaming is but here goes

other1 = carbonite.co.za

5 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

ok never heard of it.

not sure how large the overlap with cyclists and guns/gaming is but here goes

other1 = carbonite.co.za

Actually I got some pretty good gun advice from a member on here! 

This is the only forum I've ever signed up on. 

Its a weird thing being a part of. Vigorously agreeing with some while also being vehemently repelled by other people/posts, regardless - it always has a tab open on my browser. 

I've read about mybroadband and 4x4 a lot on the hub, so I may investigate those. Or wait to see what other options to come up here. Or maybe I can do without a 'second hub', who knows.  

Sorry, I have no value to add to the poll, insta probably needs to be deleted from my phone (naught value-add), and twitter is certainly not for debate (for me at least) its only for news headlines. 

I like to talk nonsense, and bring a bit of humor wherever I can, a lot easier on NCR topics. (Humor to me, not really other people necessarily) 

Never a big participant in politics, religion etc. I do like the music thread, the awesome thread and motorcycling.

Will I go to another forum for this? no. I have been a longstanding member of the adventure motorcyling forum, and basically "left" there to focus on the cycling side of things. The Religion & Politics there is far worse than here, and some real toxic stuff that comes to the fore there (in days gone by, I'm not sure how it is at the moment as I don't log on to see what's what.)

No skin off my back. 

Nowhere..I like to discuss with like minded people. All those other things can't give you that. The closest is probably Reddit... Which I do use to discuss TV shows.. But it's not the same as this

Didn't renew my plus subscription because of this though

If you add a "nowhere"option, then I'll take part in your survey.

I'm here, mostly, for cycling, but enjoy the occasional NCR stuff that is informative.

55 minutes ago, Stretch said:

Nowhere..I like to discuss with like minded people. All those other things can't give you that. The closest is probably Reddit... Which I do use to discuss TV shows.. But it's not the same as this

Didn't renew my plus subscription because of this though

Same for me. I'm not active on any other social media but somehow this place became part of my online existence. 

If there is a big event or topic that I want to see feedback on I will come straight to bikehub to see what a bunch of people i've never met but know almost like characters in a book are saying. There is no way I will revert to a place where anonymous people post comments on articles.

Hopefully enough of this essence can be preserved. I can understand the desire to eliminate all possible negative energy from the place but I'm not sure how realistic it is and what will be left.

37 minutes ago, Showtime said:

I can understand the desire to eliminate all possible negative energy from the place but I'm not sure how realistic it is and what will be left.

Did you type that whilst wearing a Power Balance hologram bracelet?

In my opinion, this is a soft approach from the owners of this site. They must either end all non-cycling related topics/posts/thoughts or allow off topic with proper moderation, not the uneven sometimes too hard and sometimes non-existent moderation currently taking place.

A note to the girls' blouses here, if you were offended by content here, stay away from myBB, that'll have you crying to mommy within a couple of threads. 

3 hours ago, Shebeen said:

The move to throttle anything not cycling related has been taken. While this was obviously due to the bad elements of this, it's obvious that there are many positive sides to engaging on such threads. I for one will miss this part of the bikehub experience, as I have learnt plenty from knowledgeable people here, so this is a genuine query.

Where will you be pointing your browser to in the future? I can't think of others off hand,  but can add to them if you book it in your reply and I will update the poll in due course.

ie. Other1 = theforumsa.co.za

Could you add an option "None" or something similar for the people who don't need to go elsewhere?

Thanks

45 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

Did you type that whilst wearing a Power Balance hologram bracelet?

In my opinion, this is a soft approach from the owners of this site. They must either end all non-cycling related topics/posts/thoughts or allow off topic with proper moderation, not the uneven sometimes too hard and sometimes non-existent moderation currently taking place.

A note to the girls' blouses here, if you were offended by content here, stay away from myBB, that'll have you crying to mommy within a couple of threads. 

This forum is actually not particularly rough or toxic compared to many other other forums and parts of the internet.  For the most part people manage to have cordial and often interesting discussions.  I believe the admin are making a mistake by doing this.  Perhaps embracing the current spirit of cancel culture a little too enthusiastically.  But at the end of the day it's their forum and they will make the decision they think is in their best interests.

Lately I just go to VitalMtb or Pinkbike for cycling related info - in general the topics are more interesting. I don't feel the need to discuss NCR, it's just a nice distraction to have and for the most part the discussions were good to follow.

I can't say I'm going anywhere specifically. I just know that like other forums I've been part of over the last ~18 years, I will eventually stop visiting altogether. I've witnessed the decline and ultimately death of many forums. One can only do on-topic discussion so many times until it becomes non-stimulating. What usually happens is the "old guard" members become less active, newbies keep on reposting the same **** and everyone else become less inclined to participate.

I am not on any other forums and found bikehub when I first started riding as  a total beginner and then started reading other topics. 

I personally will miss reading the NCR  and whilst I was never a big poster, I really enjoyed some of the comments/discussions. There are some with a dry  sense of humour that I really appreciated.  

I have never reported anyone or a post and never would, not my style, something I didn't like I'd move on, if I felt like it  I would reply.