where will you go for NCR discussions now?

Shebeen

to talk about stuff on the internet  

28 members have voted

1. 1. with the NCR muted, where will you go educate and debate issues

• twitter
    • facebook
    • https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/
    • https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/
    • instagram
    • other1 - carbonite.co.za
    • other2 - pinkbike
    • other3 - NOWHERE - won't miss NCR
    • other4 - reddit
    • other5

Quick question for those who have been here longer than me. Why now? The off topic sections such as Current Affairs etc. were created by the Hub, not members , and I cant imagine things have only got "out of hand" recently. Why is it that these topics are now no longer allowed?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, JScottP said:

Quick question for those who have been here longer than me. Why now? The off topic sections such as Current Affairs etc. were created by the Hub, not members , and I cant imagine things have only got "out of hand" recently. Why is it that these topics are now no longer allowed?

The Age of Cancel Culture?

1 minute ago, buchanan said:

The Age of Cancel Culture?

All good and well, but when the majority of your users and folks your paid for ads cater to aren't of that generation, surely this doesn't make sense? 

And yet, each time an announcement is made it talks about limited resources, yet there are "respected" members who have put there hand up offering to be the additional resources needed, yet these offers are completely ignored, and the next limited resources announcement is given. 

Someone said previously, either cancel all of the threads outside of cycling or take up the offer of additional eyes and ears to keep active discussion threads alive. It may only be a 3% of users who use NCR threads, but I would be interested to see what input these users make in the CR threads, I have a feeling its a hell of a lot more than 3%.

Why would you actively invite users to go to other forums, when there are very simple ways to include a part of this forum that so many enjoy. So many say don't complain its free, but there is the saying of "if you aren't paying for a product, you are the product", so actively inviting your product to go somewhere else, is intentionally throwing money away, in the hopes of making it up through the paid for services that have amazingly been created since this whole NCR issue suddenly became an issue. 

Here is an option for those giving Matt all this ‘advice’... if it’s so easy, you can always go start your own NCR forum.

Upon successful BikeHubNCR launch, please post link here:

4 minutes ago, Patchelicious said:

Here is an option for those giving Matt all this ‘advice’... if it’s so easy, you can always go start your own NCR forum.

Upon successful BikeHubNCR launch, please post link here:

Of course that is an option, but that's the same as talking about political parties, and telling the person to just go start their own. 

We are on this forum, where these decisions are being made, all I asked for is a reason as to why members, such as you if I'm not mistaken, have not had their offers of moderation accepted, which would then allow these labour intensive threads to carry on as they have for the past decade plus.

Blimmin heck I've never heard or even seen some of the members complaining and then some have perhaps posted once or twice in the passed decade ... you blokes must be devastated you won't have a voice on NCR threads on Bikehub anymore ????

Edited by NotSoBigBen
Context

21 minutes ago, JScottP said:

Of course that is an option, but that's the same as talking about political parties, and telling the person to just go start their own. 

We are on this forum, where these decisions are being made, all I asked for is a reason as to why members, such as you if I'm not mistaken, have not had their offers of moderation accepted, which would then allow these labour intensive threads to carry on as they have for the past decade plus.

Probably deemed not suitable

so here is a question then

Hypothetically, should a cycling related forum start up that allowed NCR content, would you migrate across ?

what would motivate you to move or not move ?

3 minutes ago, ouzo said:

so here is a question then

Hypothetically, should a cycling related forum start up that allowed NCR content, would you migrate across ?

what would motivate you to move or not move ?

Depends on the quality of the cycling related content.Not for the NCR 

Did not join here for the NCR

56 minutes ago, JScottP said:

While I was serious about people starting their own NCR forum, I do get your point. As a side point, the barrier to entry of starting a forum is magnitudes lowers than a political party, hell Facebook groups can be created in a matter of seconds. Its the maintenance and management that becomes the issue after you get over the hurdle of actually getting critical mass of members.

Make no mistake about it, an astute youngsters should capitalise on this and form their EFF break away forum from the ANC that is the BikeHub (market share not ideologies)

Yes, I agree that member moderators is the route that I would have taken, if I had a say, but I do not nor do I want it, I come for the bants. 

Edit: All this NCR talk keeps reminding me of Lance's failed stint at Ducati....

Edit Edit: Wonder if my political comparison above breaks the rules? Haven't had a warning point since 2017, so its high time! Viva forum revolution!! ;)

Edited by Patchelicious

8 minutes ago, Kranswurm said:

so would you want cycling related articles and then a discussion forum to follow ?

If forum first then it would take a while for worthwhile or quality content to appear

2 minutes ago, ouzo said:

so would you want cycling related articles and then a discussion forum to follow ?

If forum first then it would take a while for worthwhile or quality content to appear

I dont want anything.At the moment quite happy where I am.The Hub developed over a period of time with member participation.Its a different animal now.

10 minutes ago, Kranswurm said:

I dont want anything.At the moment quite happy where I am.The Hub developed over a period of time with member participation.Its a different animal now.

ofcourse, and that is why breakaway forums are difficult to get going without mass exodus from the old forum

4 hours ago, Kranswurm said:

The NCR topics kinda keeps the forum active during quieter cycling periods. 

I must be honest I don't read the articles published by the hub..  It's mostly copy paste kinda of articles already out there. .. Bike Tech, advice etc you look at if you are in the market and so on. The NCR threads take a back seat during racing season esp the bigger races...esp the classics and the GTs/XCO/DH/cyclo.. And then it really is mostly the only the same members who post (TDF is a bit different as you have more contributors.. Cause that's  the only race they ever watch????) SA races don't draw the attention of a 5/6 years ago... So not much chat about that. 

Donno maybe the hub are shifting toward more the market place side of things.? 

Any how it's their product and they feel this is the way forward for them, all I want is bloody tapatalk back.. 

I dont read any of the news articles. They appear after I have seen the head line or read them somewhere else. The epic is about the biggest local discussion on this forum as well as CTCT. Then XCO and DH are widely followed, world enduro hardly features. Then all the tech questions about tyres, wheels, frames etc asked by members. I have been watching the threads the last few days. I have seen about 3 topics on cycling everytime I logged in. Today was the first time I posted in the tyre topic. Others were all NCR.

Lets see where this road goes, there might just be a u turn ahead

11 hours ago, Gen said:

The NCR topics kinda keeps the forum active during quieter cycling periods. 

I must be honest I don't read the articles published by the hub..  It's mostly copy paste kinda of articles already out there. .. Bike Tech, advice etc you look at if you are in the market and so on. The NCR threads take a back seat during racing season esp the bigger races...esp the classics and the GTs/XCO/DH/cyclo.. And then it really is mostly the only the same members who post (TDF is a bit different as you have more contributors.. Cause that's  the only race they ever watch????) SA races don't draw the attention of a 5/6 years ago... So not much chat about that. 

Donno maybe the hub are shifting toward more the market place side of things.? 

Any how it's their product and they feel this is the way forward for them, all I want is bloody tapatalk back.. 

If you move to Krugersdorp you can use TappetTalk....