where will you go for NCR discussions now?

Shebeen

to talk about stuff on the internet  

28 members have voted

1. 1. with the NCR muted, where will you go educate and debate issues

• twitter
    • facebook
    • https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/
    • https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/
    • instagram
    • other1 - carbonite.co.za
    • other2 - pinkbike
    • other3 - NOWHERE - won't miss NCR
    • other4 - reddit
    • other5

title updated to include pinkbike/reddit and NOWHERE

22 hours ago, Patchelicious said:

Here is an option for those giving Matt all this ‘advice’... if it’s so easy, you can always go start your own NCR forum.

Upon successful BikeHubNCR launch, please post link here:

i think being a Plus subscriber and owning a rival forum will be a tough one to handle

image.png.91b07a326d62500de1fa469edefc4df3.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/9/2021 at 9:32 AM, Shebeen said:

The move to throttle anything not cycling related has been taken. While this was obviously due to the bad elements of this, it's obvious that there are many positive sides to engaging on such threads. I for one will miss this part of the bikehub experience, as I have learnt plenty from knowledgeable people here, so this is a genuine query.

Where will you be pointing your browser to in the future?

Apparently not the Announcement of Culling of NCR Content thread anymore:

image.png.01293af46ddfa0d7632a420c15012548.png

Edited by Mountain Bru

As a matter of interest, has the time to get out of here thread been iceD?

That was a hellova interesting and informative thread. If it has been culled is there an option to petition the moderators/owners to exhume it?

1 minute ago, IceCreamMan said:

As a matter of interest, has the time to get out of here thread been iceD?

That was a hellova interesting and informative thread. If it has been culled is there an option to petition the moderators/owners to exhume it?

it was

I asked kindly for it to be not removed, but that was ignored

I then created a new thread in the same style as the new zealand thread 

That was 2 days ago and it still has not been approved. 

A bit pointless having moderation on new threads if it takes over 2 days to approve a new thread

Dear @Matt and @Nick

As a compromise on the NCR thread shedding, I would like to request and suggest that you bring back just the coronavirus thread. It was a place where we could connect with one another in deeply troubled times, and share experiences and  knowledge of the pandemic. As such, It was also a source of great comfort, and it served the community well, at a time where we and our families are under existential threat. 

People like @River Rat and @DJR (to name but 2) shared expert and invaluable knowledge. Yes, there was a bit of bitchery too, but nothing too serious. 

please would you consider reinstating the thread. ????

Thank you for receiving and reading this in the good spirit in which it is posted. 

all those who agree, please would you hit the like button.

Edit: i should also mention @Dale , who generously gave of his professional skills and compassion to give us hope, strength and comfort. 

Edited by Harryn

17 hours ago, Stretch said:

it was

A bit pointless having moderation on new threads if it takes over 2 days to approve a new thread

The approval of new posts was mooted as an option and I for one said it was impractical as it requires too much time.

So now we have it.

I’m one that made the proposal to have pre-approval on new threads, but also offered to assist with moderation as a solution to the perceived extra workload.

The second offer was declined, as the rate of new threads was not perceived to be high. 

2 hours ago, Harryn said:

Dear @Matt and @Nick

As a compromise on the NCR thread shedding, I would like to request and suggest that you bring back just the coronavirus thread. It was a place where we could connect with one another in deeply troubled times, and share experiences and  knowledge of the pandemic. As such, It was also a source of great comfort, and it served the community well, at a time where we and our families are under existential threat. 

People like @River Rat and @DJR (to name but 2) shared expert and invaluable knowledge. Yes, there was a bit of bitchery too, but nothing too serious. 

please would you consider reinstating the thread. ????

Thank you for receiving and reading this in the good spirit in which it is posted. 

all those who agree, please would you hit the like button.

Edit: i should also mention @Dale , who generously gave of his professional skills and compassion to give us hope, strength and comfort. 

not going to happen unfortunately

you could try start a topic about sustainable farming with a hammer and sickle

Did the climate change thread just get canned moments ago?  I was in the process of posting something there, but was unable to complete it.

There have been two discussions started in Off Topic since the approval requirement was instated on Monday.

One was a spammer. The other was not approved.

Go look at Off Topic here: https://forum.bikehub.co.za/?forumId=14 

Look at the dates topics were created pre-approval requirement. You'll see it is not multiple topics per day. We do take our data very seriously when we make decisions.

20 minutes ago, buchanan said:

Did the climate change thread just get canned moments ago?  I was in the process of posting something there, but was unable to complete it.

Would appear so. I saw Patch had posted but before i could read it had disappeared. Thought i had lost my mind. 

Maybe Patch insulted someone and its iced. ????

7 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

Would appear so. I saw Patch had posted but before i could read it had disappeared. Thought i had lost my mind. 

Maybe Patch insulted someone and its iced. ????

It looked like he posted something fairly harmless. Can't remember.. 

I tried to share an amusing video of Alan Jones responding to young climate change activists like Greta Thunberg.  But I think it would have been far too controversial for the new look bikehub.

21 hours ago, Stretch said:

it was

Maybe its at the bottom of a small pile due to your membership status (Non Bikehub Plus member)?

The writing is on the wall.....NCR days on this forum are history, NCR is not a priority for Admin and just a matter of time before they become irrelevant.

"Its life Jim, but not as we know it"

3 minutes ago, SwissVan said:

Maybe its at the bottom of a small pile due to your membership status (Non Bikehub Plus member)?

The writing is on the wall.....NCR days on this forum are history, NCR is not a priority for Admin and just a matter of time before they become irrelevant.

"Its life Jim, but not as we know it"

its a typical case of penalising the majority because of a not being able to moderate a minority

Bikehub member status wasn't taken into account when considering these changes , so I highly doubt it means much now. One might say we were grifted....

38 minutes ago, buchanan said:

I tried to share an amusing video of Alan Jones responding to young climate change activists like Greta Thunberg.  But I think it would have been far too controversial for the new look bikehub.

My post was harmless. I suspect it was the lame attempted trolling that got it canned. DM me that link please, would like to watch that.

3 hours ago, buchanan said:

Pity really as its a very relevant topic. People are far too complacent except when a little girl talks , then a state of entropy follows and everyone listens then it goes back to its quiescent state and the thread lies dormant. 

Pretty gimpy really but that's life.