where will you go for NCR discussions now?

Shebeen

to talk about stuff on the internet  

28 members have voted

1. 1. with the NCR muted, where will you go educate and debate issues

• twitter
    • facebook
    • https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/
    • https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/
    • instagram
    • other1 - carbonite.co.za
    • other2 - pinkbike
    • other3 - NOWHERE - won't miss NCR
    • other4 - reddit
    • other5

I would be very interested to see old vs. new active members per week/day/hour and post related activity. 

I’m really trying to adapt and justify to myself why I should use Tapatalk for 6 forums and my web browser for 1. I’m finding myself here less and less, convinced I’m seeing posts from less people. 

Once the habit is gone, people move on. 

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Harryn said:

Dear @Matt and @Nick

As a compromise on the NCR thread shedding, I would like to request and suggest that you bring back just the coronavirus thread. It was a place where we could connect with one another in deeply troubled times, and share experiences and  knowledge of the pandemic. As such, It was also a source of great comfort, and it served the community well, at a time where we and our families are under existential threat. 

People like @River Rat and @DJR (to name but 2) shared expert and invaluable knowledge. Yes, there was a bit of bitchery too, but nothing too serious. 

please would you consider reinstating the thread. ????

Thank you for receiving and reading this in the good spirit in which it is posted. 

all those who agree, please would you hit the like button.

Edit: i should also mention @Dale , who generously gave of his professional skills and compassion to give us hope, strength and comfort. 

The message is CLEAR - time to move on ....

For a "community" feel .... take your clicks elsewhere ....

I certainly am ready to rather log into a "community forum".  If such exist for cyclists in SA, PLEASE post links. :thumbup:

5 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

The message is CLEAR - time to move on ....

For a "community" feel .... take your clicks elsewhere ....

I certainly am ready to rather log into a "community forum".  If such exist for cyclists in SA, PLEASE post links. :thumbup:

I have to agree. But it feels like a one sided divorce. 
I was leading a happy life with Mrs. Bikehub, we laughed, we cried, we sang, and then one day, she got out of bed and decided things were just “not working out”, it’s “not you it’s me” and promptly changed the front door keys. Now I’m sitting at the bar, twisting my wedding ring on my finger after a few tinder nights and wondering to myself, am I cheating on her or is this love affair really over?

Just now, WrightJnr said:

I have to agree. But it feels like a one sided divorce. 
I was leading a happy life with Mrs. Bikehub, we laughed, we cried, we sang, and then one day, she got out of bed and decided things were just “not working out”, it’s “not you it’s me” and promptly changed the front door keys. Now I’m sitting at the bar, twisting my wedding ring on my finger after a few tinder nights and wondering to myself, am I cheating on her or is this love affair really over?

Not sure if I should laugh or cry with you ..... ????

Think she got a new sugar daddy .... ????

1 hour ago, WrightJnr said:

I would be very interested to see old vs. new active members per week/day/hour and post related activity. 

I’m really trying to adapt and justify to myself why I should use Tapatalk for 6 forums and my web browser for 1. I’m finding myself here less and less, convinced I’m seeing posts from less people. 

Once the habit is gone, people move on. 

Sad to some degree.

Bikehub was my main entry point to stuff that I was interested in. Now I need to find my Current Affairs and other off-topic discussions in a different forum, so I tend to be here less often. 

Obviously the TDF will keep us entertained for the next three weeks, but will be interesting to see the vibe here once that has run its course. 

I'm no authority on 'community' forums but BH has been through some 'upheavals' of different kinds over many years and always survived ... I'm pretty sure for those that are here primarily for the cycling content it will continue to be their go to place. Speaking for myself it will still be anyway. 

To paraphrase Mr. Twain 'reports of BH's death have been greatly exaggerated'

Edited by NotSoBigBen

Honest comment..... What about setting up a private discord group (with invitation). Its probably the best to accommodate topics and sub topics. Would involve having to download the app and register as a user... But at least we could discuss things freely

19 minutes ago, Stretch said:

Honest comment..... What about setting up a private discord group (with invitation). Its probably the best to accommodate topics and sub topics. Would involve having to download the app and register as a user... But at least we could discuss things freely

Im in.

9 hours ago, NotSoBigBen said:

I'm no authority on 'community' forums but BH has been through some 'upheavals' of different kinds over many years and always survived ... I'm pretty sure for those that are here primarily for the cycling content it will continue to be their go to place. Speaking for myself it will still be anyway. 

To paraphrase Mr. Twain 'reports of BH's death have been greatly exaggerated'

No doubt.

The Hub will live on .... 

Not so sure of the community feel .. .

9 hours ago, Stretch said:

In 

9 hours ago, Stretch said:

That is actually a very good suggestion to be honest.

On 6/23/2021 at 8:34 AM, Harryn said:

Dear @Matt and @Nick

As a compromise on the NCR thread shedding, I would like to request and suggest that you bring back just the coronavirus thread. It was a place where we could connect with one another in deeply troubled times, and share experiences and  knowledge of the pandemic. As such, It was also a source of great comfort, and it served the community well, at a time where we and our families are under existential threat. 

People like @River Rat and @DJR (to name but 2) shared expert and invaluable knowledge. Yes, there was a bit of bitchery too, but nothing too serious. 

please would you consider reinstating the thread. ????

Thank you for receiving and reading this in the good spirit in which it is posted. 

all those who agree, please would you hit the like button.

Edit: i should also mention @Dale , who generously gave of his professional skills and compassion to give us hope, strength and comfort. 

after 4x4 forum was suggested I spent a few days reading the topics and the interaction.. A LOT MORE COVID info on there with good interactions (for the most part)..

RR and Vetplant are there, (that I recognised from this here hub.. ) there is actually a lot of topics discussed and seems like there is a community feel to it.. with just a lot more cousins at the party.

51 minutes ago, bertusras said:

That is actually a very good suggestion to be honest.

my sons swear by discord