where will you go for NCR discussions now?

Shebeen

to talk about stuff on the internet  

28 members have voted

1. 1. with the NCR muted, where will you go educate and debate issues

• twitter
    • facebook
    • https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/
    • https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/
    • instagram
    • other1 - carbonite.co.za
    • other2 - pinkbike
    • other3 - NOWHERE - won't miss NCR
    • other4 - reddit
    • other5

16 minutes ago, Showtime said:

My comprehension is so lacking on this one I don't even know if I need to be offended :)

Now you'll never forget the difference between angle and angel. 

Angle is 45 degrees, 90 degrees, etc,

Angel is the character with a halo. and what you're expecting..

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Showtime said:

My comprehension is so lacking on this one I don't even know if I need to be offended :)

It's Patch, you don't need to be offended at all.

14 minutes ago, Chris_ said:

Now you'll never forget the difference between angle and angel. 

Angle is 45 degrees, 90 degrees, etc,

Angel is the character with a halo. and what you're expecting..

Thanks! I was googling alternate meanings of acute and obtuse to make sense of it ????.

Now I can like his post without pretending to get it.

We should just start a new forum for the chin waggers to get back to doing what they do best.... shooting the breeze, talking loads of bs and having a laugh along the long?!
Bikehub is the most chilled of the bunch if you consider 4x4forum/MyBB/Bikehub as 3 of the most popular forums amongst your typical Bikehub adherent.
Mybb is interesting but generally a different breed of person, things get rof there, anything goes. 4x4forum is great but pretty conservative and Bikehub was the most balanced and easy going from my experience.
I still ride my bike but I'm past all the upgrading and hunting for the holy grail, so talking bikes is not as fun as it used to be, it will be sad to miss all you guys and girls with the off topic chat now gone  :(

20 hours ago, Skylark said:

We should just start a new forum for the chin waggers to get back to doing what they do best.... shooting the breeze, talking loads of bs and having a laugh along the long?!
Bikehub is the most chilled of the bunch if you consider 4x4forum/MyBB/Bikehub as 3 of the most popular forums amongst your typical Bikehub adherent.
Mybb is interesting but generally a different breed of person, things get rof there, anything goes. 4x4forum is great but pretty conservative and Bikehub was the most balanced and easy going from my experience.
I still ride my bike but I'm past all the upgrading and hunting for the holy grail, so talking bikes is not as fun as it used to be, it will be sad to miss all you guys and girls with the off topic chat now gone  :(

On 6/24/2021 at 1:06 PM, Stretch said:

Ok....I guess it depends entirely on critical mass how successful or is or not. If we get key contributors involved then it will work . If not.. It will dribble away.. Let's wait and see

https://discord.gg/mmaxqvMvPj

Its not a forum as such and more of a chat format  that is just getting going but I find the coronavirus thread useful. Not a replacement of BH  nor was it intended to be but just a place to chat on NCR. I will still use BH  for cycling stuff/races etc. but not chit chat and wish BH all the best from a business perspective. 

4 hours ago, BaGearA said:

I messed up and left the Discord group   frana#5999

What did you do?

Is it just me or are all these changes that have happened over the last year or so, taking away from the reason why we / I initially joined Bikehub?

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the on-topic threads are certainly suffering the inevitable derailment ....  happened to each and every other forum that went this route.

Sadly a couple of valued members have gone quiet ....

Good grief.

I went away for a short break and came back to... whatever this is.  Will continue to visit classifieds and whatnots (thanks guys) but will very much miss the forums.  Some things to catch up on just can't be found and I don't have time to figure it out but boy does it fit with the culture of silencing that seems to be snuffing out so much.

Snuff time

I'll snuff off too then. So long and thanks for all the fish.

On 8/3/2021 at 4:39 PM, gogo@ said:

Good grief.

I went away for a short break and came back to... whatever this is.  Will continue to visit classifieds and whatnots (thanks guys) but will very much miss the forums.  Some things to catch up on just can't be found and I don't have time to figure it out but boy does it fit with the culture of silencing that seems to be snuffing out so much.

Snuff time

I'll snuff off too then. So long and thanks for all the fish.

It’s a bit like watching a graveyard at 3am, not much to see but something is probably happening….

I’d be interested to know what admin thinks, was the resulting “peace” really worth it?

Since this is a thread that covers a bit of everything, what on earth happened at Medupi on Sunday night?

9 hours ago, Bonus said:

Since this is a thread that covers a bit of everything, what on earth happened at Medupi on Sunday night?

They were purging the generator of hydrogen (used to cool it, apparently) when it exploded. Not sure what else happened.

Edited by Frosty

6 hours ago, Bonus said:

Lasted all of a week.

process not followed, boom. Team is suspended until investigation complete.