where will you go for NCR discussions now?

Shebeen

to talk about stuff on the internet  

28 members have voted

1. 1. with the NCR muted, where will you go educate and debate issues

• twitter
    • facebook
    • https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/
    • https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/
    • instagram
    • other1 - carbonite.co.za
    • other2 - pinkbike
    • other3 - NOWHERE - won't miss NCR
    • other4 - reddit
    • other5

4 hours ago, Frosty said:

Some of the MIA Hubbers are on another app, and the discussions there are very civilized. It’s actually a pleasure to “chat” on there.

Please tell more about this other app.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/27/2021 at 1:46 PM, Vetplant said:

I hate to break to you guys, but all Anti-Trumps are not necessarily Pro-Bidens. So your anticipated "haha, gotcha" might not have come. They might even have agreed with you on some stuff-ups that Biden has made.

Go look at any Current Affairs thread on other platforms and the sentiment is clear to see there.

Its not about "haha gotcha" and more about hearing the point of views and discussions about the situation Biden and the west (Boris in particular) are finding themselves in.

Personally i feel sorry for Biden and I'm not interested in spending the next few years debating whether he is a tool or not.

As for looking at other platforms, i'm trying to reduce my presence on social media forums so not really interested in joining another one.

On 8/27/2021 at 2:24 PM, Frosty said:

Some of the MIA Hubbers are on another app, and the discussions there are very civilized. It’s actually a pleasure to “chat” on there.

Good to hear, send my regards ????

5 hours ago, SwissVan said:

Good to hear, send my regards ????

Don’t worry, not much has changed. Any form of debate is still classified as either trolling or defending Trump. Outside of that Biden and Harris are not worth discussing.  It is what it is I suppose. 
RR sends his regards:

3F9C39F6-70C5-4F3D-932E-8B81E3EF6C71.jpeg

22 hours ago, Delarey said:

Don’t worry, not much has changed. Any form of debate is still classified as either trolling or defending Trump. Outside of that Biden and Harris are not worth discussing.  It is what it is I suppose. 
RR sends his regards:

So funny

Join a digital platform called discord to carry on moaning about the one they left, good to see they have little thumbs up signs to hand out.

Good luck there Delaney!

Aptly the definition of discord

(Entry 1 of 2)

1a: lack of agreement or harmony (as between persons, things, or ideas)… must we fall into the jabber and babel of discordwhile victory is still unattained?— Sir Winston Churchill
b: active quarreling or conflict resulting from discord among persons or factions 

19 minutes ago, SwissVan said:

So funny

Join a digital platform called discord to carry on moaning about the one they left.

Not sure where this moaning you refer to (about BH) takes place. Then again, I’m not interested in the Politics thread, so it’s hidden on my feed.

54 minutes ago, SwissVan said:

Aptly the definition of discord

(Entry 1 of 2)

1a: lack of agreement or harmony (as between persons, things, or ideas)… must we fall into the jabber and babel of discordwhile victory is still unattained?— Sir Winston Churchill
b: active quarreling or conflict resulting from discord among persons or factions 

To the contrary actually. There are very little disagreement or quarrelling on the other platform. I do like it, but for different reasons than than the old Drumpf forum. I think that ship has sailed. 

33 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Not sure where this moaning you refer to (about BH) takes place. Then again, I’m not interested in the Politics thread, so it’s hidden on my feed.

I’m referring to RR’s quoted post above, agreed though not necessarily moaning about the BH itself, rather about certain BH members. Its the same old typical hypocritical holier than thou behavior displayed on the BH old Drumpf thread. 

If that’s his attitude then good riddance

11 minutes ago, Delarey said:

To the contrary actually. There are very little disagreement or quarrelling on the other platform. I do like it, but for different reasons than than the old Drumpf forum. I think that ship has sailed. 

Good to know

20 minutes ago, Delarey said:

23 hours ago, Delarey said:

RR sends his regards:

I’m trying to figure this out......seems a bit contradictory 

43 minutes ago, SwissVan said:

I’m trying to figure this out......seems a bit contradictory 

That comment of RR was on the other forum as a reaction to your comment on this thread. Like you I enjoy hearing different points of views from opposing sides, but on social media that is apparently “trolling”

First of all my apologies to admin for this post, I respect your decision to not allow NCR discussions on your platform. As is our right, those of us that wish to have these discussions have moved elsewhere this does not mean we have a vendetta or any ill feelings towards BH. In fact other than a recent reflection on the posts from people on this thread looking to start NCR there has been very little conversation regarding Bikehub on the Discord platform. My view of these particular posts on this thread was that these were attempts to get some sort of fight going the very thing that Admin don't want, my view of the posters has always been that they were never interested in a real debate but to rather stir things up to the pont point where rational debate is not possible and I suspect it's the root cause of Admin closing these down.  I see these type of posts as trolling and I have called out these posters directly on numerous occasions on the BH for doing this, my view on this is no secret.

The Discord platform has been rather civilised and most of us are trying to keep the conversation at a mature level to avoid the need for moderation. This clearly doesn't suit Delarey who has been trying to bait me in particular into the very type of debate that closed the NCR discussions here, I told him to take a hike and he is now trying to stir things up here resorting to immature school boy tattle tale tactics to get Swissvan riled up. This is not what BH wants but it is not of my making.

Edited by River Rat