Thule’s top tips for transporting your bike safely

9 hours ago, Steady Spin said:

Too bad their racks are so easy to steal a bike from unless you slap big old extra lock on there. 

Being Swedish, I'd doubt they have the same theft problems we do. Hence no need for those hefty devices in their designs 

Haha Thule's top tips are to; after having sold your kidney to buy this incredible bike rack, to continue buying! 

I'm surprised my bike hasn't crumbled on my 'naked' rack yet, what without all the protective bits I need...

On 6/10/2021 at 6:28 AM, 117 said:

Being Swedish, I'd doubt they have the same theft problems we do. Hence no need for those hefty devices in their designs 

you'd be mistaken though...europe has some of the highest bike theft numbers in the world lol. It is not a unique problem to SA.

Sweden avarages 70 000 stolen bikes a year according to the stats. the Netherlands almost 500 000 lol

5 hours ago, MORNE said:

you'd be mistaken though...europe has some of the highest bike theft numbers in the world lol. It is not a unique problem to SA.

Sweden avarages 70 000 stolen bikes a year according to the stats. the Netherlands almost 500 000 lol

Yeowzers

1 minute ago, 117 said:

Yeowzers

I wonder what the percentage of total bikes that is compared to here.

5 hours ago, MORNE said:

And where do all these bikes go??

7 minutes ago, ouzo said:

I wonder what the percentage of total bikes that is compared to here.

from https://www.statista.com/statistics/819839/volume-of-bicycles-in-the-netherlands/#:~:text=As of 2019%2C it was,sold annually in the Netherlands.

As of 2019, it was estimated that there were approximately 22.9 million bicycles in the Netherlands, including some 2.4 million electric bikes. About one million bicycles are sold annually in the Netherlands.