Scott launch a bold new Spark RC and Spark 900

Bike Hub Features

14 hours ago, W@nted said:

What is strange to me is that the 2021 spark Rc 900 world cup with axs RRP is currently R165k. Why is the new model R250k? That is an R85k increase. Crazy.

You're comparing the 2021 WC to the 2022 SL. What is the current SL's price? 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Iwan Kemp said:

You're comparing the 2021 WC to the 2022 SL. What is the current SL's price? 

Apologies. Wow, was not aware. Then the 2022 is a bargain????

85913AF0-70CF-4FB5-A787-74048EDEF8F2.png

Edited by W@nted

20 hours ago, TDFN said:

WTAF!!! 

What has happend to the pricing? How is this even possible? Where is the value?
Oh, wait we have people prepared to pay for image.
I give up.

Don't we have the same conversation every time a new bike is launched ?
Specialized, Cannondale, Trek, Santa Cruz etc
We drool at the tech and freak out at the price tag. And then diss the tech to make ourselves feel better about not being able to afford it.
But the bikes arrive in the shops and then are wheeled out shortly afterwards.

3 hours ago, splat said:

We drool at the tech and freak out at the price tag. And then diss the tech to make ourselves feel better about not being able to afford it.
But the bikes arrive in the shops and then are wheeled out shortly afterwards.

Cuz the folks on here who're struggling to understand R200k - R250k for the top end bikes are not the same folks buying these from the shops.

18 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

The fact that they will have various models between 45k and 250k indicates that they will likely have a range of bikes at various price points to suit everyone's budget.

[comic sans]

well not everyones budget, even at the entry level point its 45k more than my budget :)

[/comic sans]

19 minutes ago, ouzo said:

[comic sans]

well not everyones budget, even at the entry level point its 45k more than my budget :)

[/comic sans]

hahahaha the budget of those 'buying into' the sport.

I have a negative new bike budget..... I'm trying to raise my car buying capital and I have a gravel bike and a steel disc road bike that are 'superfluous' which might be on the chopping block as well as the IDT!

But less than 50k for a 2022 bike is acceptable these days.

On 6/14/2021 at 6:36 AM, W@nted said:

Apologies. Wow, was not aware. Then the 2022 is a bargain????

85913AF0-70CF-4FB5-A787-74048EDEF8F2.png

It will depend on which wheels the 2022 is fitted with. The one piece carbon wheels on the 2021 SL are circa R60K on their own.

I wonder if the current models will gain in value as the new ones are just so dam expensive. I see the new model is around 70grams heavier though, but thats not much. Someone said we will see tons of current and second hand models for sale soon soon, but to get the exact same spec in a 2022 version will cost way more in my mind. Will hang onto my second hand for a long time.

On 6/9/2021 at 6:06 PM, BaGearA said:

Nope , the concept already existed they just added to it 

Hi, just to make this clear. YES the internal concept was done before by BOLD and they had the patent in internal vertical suspension and for this reason we bought the majority shares in this company back in 2018 to be able to take our current suspension internal. So yes although the shock now is internal, it is still not the same.

Here is a clip that will elaborate a bit more on this: 

On 6/10/2021 at 9:02 AM, DieselnDust said:

Its in the Seat Tube and closed off completely. To remove the shock you remove the access hatch at the bottom of the downtube, deflate the shock, lift the rear sus swing arm so that the top bolt aligns with the seatube access hatch and undo the bolts.

The head of the shock is trunnion mount  so the bolts are external so just undo those and the shock drops out.

More especially I mean  this bike has kept the winning vertical shock

seat tube dude

Hi all, I see there are some questions regarding ETA's here in South Africa. We are doing everything possible to get the bikes as soon as possible and give you the best possible price. We will have our demo bike by 20 August if all goes well and then the new Spark will start arriving by 15 Sep. This is if all goes accordingly, but to date it looks good. Here is an indication on pricing, but please note that they are subject to change once landed, but not by much.

Enjoy!

Scott MY22 Media Price List.pdf

Edited by JoggiePrinsloo