Bike Hub Features

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, W@nted said:

Thanks for the clarity Joggie????????

Anytime sir! Pop me a mail so I can add you to my list for when my demo bikes arrive. 

joggie.prinsloo@scott-sports.co.za

Have a good one!

That price list and models confirms for me that the hard tail is dead ????

Nothing better than the 940 in it’s way. Sad. 

4 hours ago, WrightJnr said:

That price list and models confirms for me that the hard tail is dead ????

Nothing better than the 940 in it’s way. Sad. 

I wont say its dead Mr. The average ratio over the last 3 years is 80/20, but if find that we need more Scale bike we order from our main warehouse in Belgium and will have it in SA as soon as 14 days after ordering. If any individual would like ANY SCOTT product they can order it from local Scott dealer and then we will be able to do special import at minimal cost.

Hope this make sense.

Been reading a few marketing material, articles and reviews, Scott trying very hard to distance the internal shock from Bold, not sure why, own it, it is your company and with that IP.

There a few factor in play, covid, shipping cost, supply delay, demand...

This time last year the ZAR was at R17.43, this morning around R14.10, I do not see this reflected in the price.

32 minutes ago, DJuice said:

There a few factor in play, covid, shipping cost, supply delay, demand...

This time last year the ZAR was at R17.43, this morning around R14.10, I do not see this reflected in the price.

I suggest you keep all aspect in consideration and NOT just rand/Dollar like spec changes ;)

5 minutes ago, JoggiePrinsloo said:

I suggest you keep all aspect in consideration and NOT just rand/Dollar like spec changes ;)

End consumer always at the shortest end of the stick.????

ZAR/USD was previously always the excuse. ????

11 minutes ago, DJuice said:

I don't agree with you sir, but you are more than welcome to give me a call so we can discuss. 

18 minutes ago, DJuice said:

Given what we hear from the bike industry in SA and beyond in terms of rising input costs (manufacturing, components, freight, etc.) comparing the 2022 Scott pricing with 2021 models is pleasantly surprising. Most brands and manufacturers are warning of significant price hikes looming for 2022. 

As @JoggiePrinsloo mentions the exact model specifications must be considered, but as an example:

Scott Spark RC Comp 2021 currently available for R65k, 2022 indicative RRP R69.9k.

51 minutes ago, DJuice said:

Not sure what industry you're in, but try to source, manufacture and get a product to market, especially now, especially in SA. The bike industry isn't the only one facing this problem. For an emerging economy like SA this will always be a challenge, we have a volatile currency so no matter what it's difficult enough to manage supply chain along with exchange rate on trading currencies like the dollar. On top of that we're a relatively small market on balance compared to a lot of other markets.

All things considered the bike industry SA actually does ok with supply and pricing, often despite itself ;) .  There is value and we are a resilient market with growth potential and we manage to punch above our weight somehow. We also have better choice options than a lot of other markets. 

3 hours ago, JoggiePrinsloo said:

I wont say its dead Mr. The average ratio over the last 3 years is 80/20, but if find that we need more Scale bike we order from our main warehouse in Belgium and will have it in SA as soon as 14 days after ordering. If any individual would like ANY SCOTT product they can order it from local Scott dealer and then we will be able to do special import at minimal cost.

Hope this make sense.

100% and fully understand the supply vs. demand for the different markets. I’m at old school MTB rider and every time I ride a HT I feel like I’m home. In saying that, I only own a Spark now and sold my last HT a Scale a good few years ago and got a road bike. 

I’m convinced the current cycling industry is trying to convince roadies that a gravel bike is cool and traditional. In a few more years, they will all realise they riding a MTB Hardtail ????