Scott launch a bold new Spark RC and Spark 900

Bike Hub Features

On a previous bike I caught out badly during a race .... climb, climb, climb .... all the while locked out for efficiency ..... The next moment we were RACING down a mine shaft !!!  cross rutted rain ditches !!!  Riders all round me ....  There simply was no way to slow down safely to reach down to open the shock .... and bouncing down a "RB hardline" trail at lightning speed on a rigid aint fun !!! 

Shortly thereafter I bought the Scott Spark 940, with the dual lockout on the fly .... 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in 2006 the RC looked like this, with 2 x gear shifters and the shock lock out lever.

Did a couple of 24hr races and Trans B on her ... she was a rather good ride back in the day.

235988571_Jerome-ScottGenius30.JPG.5526dffcbd3f66a4b2c76e45b7761e2a.JPG

1 hour ago, Hairy on a Davidson said:

Back in 2006 the RC looked like this, with 2 x gear shifters and the shock lock out lever.

Did a couple of 24hr races and Trans B on her ... she was a rather good ride back in the day.

my biggest take away from this image is that back in 2006 you still knew that the front brake needed to go on the left...

4 minutes ago, MORNE said:

my biggest take away from this image is that back in 2006 you still knew that the front brake needed to go on the left...

you mean on the right .... as the right is right.

1 minute ago, Hairy on a Davidson said:

you mean on the right .... as the right is right.

no left right. right?

8 minutes ago, MORNE said:

no left right. right?

only if you drive on the right (as in wrong side) of the road

1 minute ago, Hairy on a Davidson said:

only if you drive on the right (as in wrong side) of the road

tenor.gif.150e158bbf96d74023df89c90e0bc2dd.gif

17 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Pro guys, is it easier to ride with all this tech though? Or needs twice the skill and twice the ability? 

20210611-new-bike-day-nino-07.jpg

I’m hoping your comment was tongue in cheek. This is not hard to manage. Not so long ago the pro peloton was racing down alp de huez wheel to wheel, on 20mm tires, and had to let go of the bars to change their non indexed gears on the down tube. While there feet were literally ratcheted down to the pedals. If this cockpit causes a short circuit in your motor reflexes, I hope I never end up riding in a bunch with you…

11 hours ago, YaseenEnos said:

if you referring to the twinlock system.

As a Sparky rider i cant ride without a remote lockout. Honestly I scratch my head how anyone can ride without remote lockout.

I mean it makes sense to "set and forget" if you have a high end shock and fork with multiple levels of fine tuning adjustments but the idea of reaching down to my fork or shock midride just gives me cold sweats.

Edit: Answering as a CAT 5 pro 

What you said right there is why I'll stay on the hardtail 

See the source image

6 hours ago, Hairy on a Davidson said:

But that is a Genius? 

1 hour ago, PhilipV said:

But that is a Genius? 

But that is a long time ago genius :P

I see bike addict has some stock arriving "this week"... Way sooner than anticipated!?

7 hours ago, babse said:

I see bike addict has some stock arriving "this week"... Way sooner than anticipated!?

Scott SA does. So you can order selected models from any Scott dealer from today.