Fraud Charges Against “Cycle Tour Operator”

DeniseD

What saddens me most about all of this (Apart from people losing their hard earned cash) is that I truly believe that there is a massive potential market for inbound and outbound cycling adventure tours. What form this will take in the future I don't know but I think people are looking away from the traditional race scene towards a more adventure based alternative.

The advent of decent e bikes explodes the potential of this.

Someone like this screwing the pooch is ruining a potentially great lifestyle business for someone.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Karooryder said:

Ps - can the title of this thread perhaps be changed to include as much info as possible (Bewsher's name, names of different companies etc.) to make it more searchable and visible ito online exposure?

I'm not to sure what the laws are regarding sharing of people's names etc on open forums. Might be worthwhile if anyone knows a cycling lawyer/advocate who can have a chat with Matt and the team before they go that route.

This seems like the kind of character that seems willing to throw Bikehub under the bus if things don't go his way, so best if they get legal advice before doing something like this.  

Lots of debate here, those overseas trips can all be done either on your own and much lower costs or direct with the operators...no need for pub crawling in Dublin...each to his own I guess, but my real question is...if subject operator is legit and is aware of the banter here, why has he not made an appearance to defend his honour? Maybe he has, I haven't read the entire thread...has he?

Just now, capediver said:

Lots of debate here, those overseas trips can all be done either on your own and much lower costs or direct with the operators...no need for pub crawling in Dublin...each to his own I guess, but my real question is...if subject operator is legit and is aware of the banter here, why has he not made an appearance to defend his honour? Maybe he has, I haven't read the entire thread...has he?

Sadly he has been ripping people off since 2015 with the same MO. So yes the company Africranks is currently legit as such. However the owner of said business is Taun Bewsher and his past dealings are anything but honourable.  Simply type his name in Google and you will see.  

image.png.37486d7b1142d0f557ecbc2632c1eb73.png

8 minutes ago, capediver said:

Defend his honour - "the quality of knowing and doing what is morally right."

Index of /~cas7/gifs

So this guy spins up WordPress sites and just rakes in EFT's for mahala?! 

Nice to know you don't need to be a Nigerian prince anymore..

Very sad to see, feel sorry for those sparing their hard earned cash. Seems like a easy trap to fall victim to. The internet is ruthless nowadays.

This is south africa!!! You can buy your way out of a fine with a blikkie coke or a streetwise 2. Conning people and bribing officials is the norm!

unfortunately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/5/2022 at 11:38 AM, Duane_Bosch said:

What saddens me most about all of this (Apart from people losing their hard earned cash) is that I truly believe that there is a massive potential market for inbound and outbound cycling adventure tours. What form this will take in the future I don't know but I think people are looking away from the traditional race scene towards a more adventure based alternative.

The advent of decent e bikes explodes the potential of this.

Someone like this screwing the pooch is ruining a potentially great lifestyle business for someone.

I dodged a bullet here I think. I had reached out to this fellow and offered to connect him with tour operators over here to get him more business. Thank goodness that he didn't take me up on the offer. 

2 hours ago, DJR said:

What kind of massage...........................? 

wonder how that is going to end.................?

To those of you he hasn't blocked yet , please don't comment on his posts if any member of the public interacts with it Likes/comments rather PM them links to this thread 

That way we should still be able to spread the message about this fu8kwit and he can do less to hinder 

Lees jy lekker ? 

Search his name on Google : taun bewsher

Many sites warning people of his sports ....